Oh my! There's squatting, and then there's "SQUATTING"!

Mine all squat now, even when I'm a good distance from them. I don't even have to be close to them, and they see me coming, and squat. If I'm not looking at them when they do it, I know it's happening because I can hear their feet pat the ground as they brace themselves for the ride. When they first starting doing it, I felt obligated to pet everyone of them. Now, since I'm older, my "drive" has diminished.
big_smile.png
hahaha

Now, don't gross out anyone, but the reason for them ruffling their feathers after they have either been bred by a rooster, or petted/scratched by their keepers, is to help the "magic stuff" get to where it needs to go in order to complete the fertilization process.

Quote:
My Blizzy does this to an extreme. She'll squat with her wings out and her bum practically on the ground, and shake her head while stomping across the ground. She literally stomps away from me in full squat like that.
gig.gif

Then I have Diana, who doesn't put her wings out when she squats, so I can never tell for sure if she is or not.
hu.gif

I like how when they shake off afterwards, it's always with an air of, 'Oh, how rude!'

Mine doesn't seem to notice when it's time for her to finish squatting. I usually have to give her a push. That one enjoys it a lot.
lau.gif

Quote:
True. However, I still prefer to think they are just trying to fix that "Bed Feather" look.
big_smile.png

That is exactly what I thought they were doing too!

I'm going to use that one as an odd 'trivial fact of the day' for anyone who asks for one now.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom