Oh My!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by silkieluvr, Aug 29, 2008.

1. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
  2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Those eggs are from Valentine Hatchery. I recognize the photo and the guy's name from an email he sent me once. I have heard mixed review about Valentine Hatchery. $82 is a lot of money for eggs but I am currently on Bev's Marans waiting list (It's about a year out) and she charges $60/ dozen, but I am more than willing to pay it for her eggs.

3. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    yes it is expensive but i have seen a half dozen of the black coppers going for over a hundred just for the six. so really it could be worse.

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I paid $96 for six eggs. At the time I thought I was getting hosed, but after seening a lot on this board, I consider it a deal. It is hard to get hens from proven dark laying lines. I don't know how Ray's line lays. His hens are American standard, not feather legged. I wish people would post pics of the eggs along with the birds when they are selling marans.

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I paid $50 (not including shipping) for a dozen of Harvest Breeze Farm's bantam cochin eggs. I'm down to 4 eggs with live chicks...just the usual #@*%# from shipping, I'm sure. But what chicks I get will be worth it...they are awesome.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have a hen that looks just like that and I thought she was black sex link? HELP!

7. oldegger

oldegger Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2008
    Monclova, OH
    Quote:I have a black lexlink also. There due look a lot alike. But the gold/bronze is more pronounced and goes all the way around and farther up the neck.
    That is sure one hansom [​IMG] roo on the right

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by