OH NO 2 days internally pip

BrownSheep

Chirping
8 Years
May 27, 2011
my egg internally pipped twodays ago. Last night at 12 I could still hear him. What should I do?

PepsNick

Back to Business
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Egglanta, GA
Did you open the incubator during lockdown a lot? Maybe the membrane dried and it is stuck. Please, do not help it hatch.

BrownSheep

Chirping
8 Years
May 27, 2011
I've open mine a couple times but the humidity stays the same. I also mist when I do open. I opened once to remove two chicks that were reaking havoc. They'd been in there about 36 hrs. Once more to remove a batch that where on day 28 and never hatched .

sassychickengirl

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 21, 2010
small town ohio
I say help it hatch, s-l-o-w-l-y. take a bit of the shell off and see if it can break through the membrane. If not, just make a small slit (it doesn't take much really) and see it that helps. I helped two of mine 2 wks ago, my first time hatching, and they are thriving. They would have died otherwise. I ended up taking a good amount of shell off the 2nd one but made it work as well. Just keep an eye on it and do what is needed.

PepsNick

Back to Business
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Egglanta, GA
Quote:Personally I won't ever again. The ones that I helped hatch (and didn't help too much) all died or had to be euthanized. But, then, things like the above do happen.

Top Bottom