Oh no, early hatch! Will they be okay?

stormie

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 23, 2008
MO
I have three duck eggs that were set around 5 o'clock on February 22nd and today would day 21 for them. They have been rocking back and forth for about 2 days now, and today I listened to them and one you can hear pecking at the air cell. The one hasn't pipped yet and the others I think are still getting into position. Will they be okay?

Also, should I raise the humidity now, or wait till one pips?

Last edited:
I don't know, I bought them from a lady in Troy and they were all freshly laid within the last 2 days and were sitting in a bucket on her counter top so I think we can rule out that option.

i know this wont help but MINE ARE DUE THE SAME DAY!!! did your temp spike for a few days? they grow faster when the temp is up. not that that is a good thing...

I only had two temp spikes that went 2 degrees up then what it should be, but I turned it down within an half hour. We will see, one has already pipped the air cell.

Two have piped today, and the other only the air cell. We'll see. I'll keep you posted. They seem normal as far as activity.

well thats good. mine arnt yet that far and i was wondering how can you tell if they poped the air cell? or will i just know looking at it kinda like the candling thing? im on my first incubator hatch:p

One died in the shell, don't think it was strong enough, the other two are out and fluffin' up as we speak! About the air cell question, when you can hear them chirping that's a sign they have successfully pipped the air cell.

aww, i'm sorry you lost one.
hugs.gif

where are the pics of the new babies??

Back
Top Bottom