Oh no, I have a broody

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
That would normally be a good thing, but we're moving in a few weeks and I have to rehome 30 chickens already. That's going to be hard enough without a few fluff balls added to the bunch... I have a new home lined up for them already and I'm sure their new owner won't mind a few extras, but I'm in 2 minds here. Should I break her or let him have a few chicks as well?

[FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif]"Currently the keeper of 25+ chickens, 7 dogs, 1 brazilian opossum, 3 rats, 1 parakeet, 1 ball python, 1 hedgehog, an aquarium of tropical fish......" WOW!!!!! Didn't realize you had that many pets :) Cool!![/FONT]

The only problem is we're moving abroad in a month... Saying goodbye to my chickens is going to be very hard, since I hatched and raised all but one of them and I'm terribly fond of them. So adding chicks to the bunch might make we want to stay LOL. I love love love chicks!
I phoned my friend who's taking them and asked him if he wants to take the broody so long, with the eggs I didn't have the heart to take from her. He's coming round later. So he and she will get their chicks. Oh, couldn't she wait a few more weeks? *sigh*

They will! He loves chickens as much as I do. He came a took the broody with her eggs this morning. 2 casualties, but he's got more eggs to give her when she settles down.

Back
Top Bottom