Oh no! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!

At least she's feeling your concern, comfort, and love. We don't often get to say goodbye to our little critter friends - usually happens when we're not looking.
hugs.gif

That is pretty old for a gerbil. Hope she will pass on eventually. She had a good home and a loving owner (s)!

As for your son, OUCH! I hope he takes it in stride!

aw... poor kid. I remember back when I was in elementary school my friends little sister broke her collar bone falling off some soccer bleachers backward but hers was a cast that went like a figure 8 around both shoulders. What ever they did there for your son looks more comfortable even though I know he's still in pain and not feeling well.... thank God for medical advances.

My sisters gerbil did eat the other one when we were away on vacation and someone was pet/house sitting. So it is possible. I would think about separating them if you are worried about it. If you do have another cage or aquarium I'd set the healthy one in there so the sick one could die in the environment it's used to. But if that's not possible.... a big tall box with shavings and any other comforts of home could be placed in there for the old one.

It's hard watching our critters die.
hugs.gif

Hugs,
gretch

Sad thing about collar bones is, they never heal in the right position without surgery... tell him to hang in there and get better. I have two boys that have broken collar bones and they healed up OK... but you can tell which side is broken on them when they go swimming.

It's always sad to lose a member of the family.

Time will heal all wounds, but that doesn't help at this point in the grieving process.

Hang in there!

Sorry you and your son are having to deal with this.
hugs.gif

We stopped letting my DD have gerbils and hamsters after one too many funerals.

Back
Top Bottom