Oh no! ;-; [PICTURES ADDED oct.18...Poo Pictures, Beware.]

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Firearia, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Well first of all while cleaning out the chicken coop today I found bloody poo up on the roost, at least I think it was bloody. I have no clue who did it and if it really is coxy. [​IMG] I can't figure out which one did it because they all seem rather healthy except one, but she never goes up on the roost ever so it can't be her. Today I noticed she had greenish poo, which made me worried because her comb was pale. I've seen her eating, so I don't know what's wrong!

I'll post pictures of droppings tomorrow, meanwhile can you tell me what to do about coxy? [​IMG]

Update--Oct.18th
    I can't tell if it's coxy or intestinal lining today, it was runnier so I'm not sure anymore. Please ignore the all the other poops on the roost, they all poo in the same spot. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  2. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    First, check out this pictoral guide to chicken poop and see if maybe it was just the shedding of intestinal lining.

http://chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

Then click on the "basic chicken facts" link in my sig line and see if you still think it's coccidiosis.

If you do, i would suggest getting your hands on some Corid - or other liquid Amprolium product asap.

3. franklinchickens

franklinchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0
    Check
    out this link. I have a similar issue (no blood but weird) and someone posted this link for me which I found really helpful. Pics of poops - what's normal & not. I'm taking mine to the vet tomorrow to check for worms anyway but this was a really interesting look.
    LOL - looks like I got beat to the link! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  4. Firearia

Thanks both of you! The poo does look like intestinal lining, but I saw pure blood on the perch. I'm wondering if a chicken stepped in it and then got onto the perch, so it might not be coxy. The chicken poo that it produced was weird though, ontop was blood, but it was like gelatin. Grrr, I'm so confused. [​IMG] That link did help though!

5. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    That sounds like intestinal lining to me. The blood that comes with cocci tends to be in pools.

6. Firearia

Quote:Thank you very much! My grandpa told me they'd be fine, but I'm not sure if he heard what I said in the first place. [​IMG] No cause for concern for that one then, I was wondering how they would get it when the coop is always spic and span.

7. Firearia

Picture update, just in case.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by