Oh no! ;-; [PICTURES ADDED oct.18...Poo Pictures, Beware.]

Firearia

Songster
9 Years
Apr 27, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
Well first of all while cleaning out the chicken coop today I found bloody poo up on the roost, at least I think it was bloody. I have no clue who did it and if it really is coxy.
barnie.gif
I can't figure out which one did it because they all seem rather healthy except one, but she never goes up on the roost ever so it can't be her. Today I noticed she had greenish poo, which made me worried because her comb was pale. I've seen her eating, so I don't know what's wrong!

I'll post pictures of droppings tomorrow, meanwhile can you tell me what to do about coxy?
hit.gif

Update--Oct.18th
I can't tell if it's coxy or intestinal lining today, it was runnier so I'm not sure anymore. Please ignore the all the other poops on the roost, they all poo in the same spot.
lol.png

IMG_5065.jpg

IMG_5064.jpg

IMG_5071.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks both of you! The poo does look like intestinal lining, but I saw pure blood on the perch. I'm wondering if a chicken stepped in it and then got onto the perch, so it might not be coxy. The chicken poo that it produced was weird though, ontop was blood, but it was like gelatin. Grrr, I'm so confused.
barnie.gif
That link did help though!

Quote:
Thank you very much! My grandpa told me they'd be fine, but I'm not sure if he heard what I said in the first place.
lol.png
No cause for concern for that one then, I was wondering how they would get it when the coop is always spic and span.

Back
Top Bottom