Oh no... Please say this isn't Coryza.

LaynaDon95

Songster
8 Years
Jan 18, 2012
Texas

What is this!? Please please please don't say coryza!
th.gif

what I can find says symptoms include serious nasal discharge, as well as eye swelling. It also says treatment should start right away with antibiotics. There are a couple of other things it could be but you need a vet to run some tests to find out for sure. If only one showing symptoms isolate it and try to sanatize everything it came in contact with to prevent it spreading to the rest of the flock. If more than one bird is showing symptoms try treating them, but you need some testing to make sure what your actually dealing with. Im reading Coryza is highly infectious so if one has it they probably all do. Sorry,

I have some with fowl pox right now so that was my first thought, but her eye was all bloody and swollen looking. Maybe another girl caught sight of it and pecked at it? I really hope it's just fowl pox.

I have some with fowl pox right now so that was my first thought, but her eye was all bloody and swollen looking. Maybe another girl caught sight of it and pecked at it? I really hope it's just fowl pox.

She couldve scratched her eye, put a little neosporin ointment in the eye to prevent bacterial infection.

what I can find says symptoms include serious nasal discharge, as well as eye swelling. It also says treatment should start right away with antibiotics. There are a couple of other things it could be but you need a vet to run some tests to find out for sure. If only one showing symptoms isolate it and try to sanatize everything it came in contact with to prevent it spreading to the rest of the flock. If more than one bird is showing symptoms try treating them, but you need some testing to make sure what your actually dealing with. Im reading Coryza is highly infectious so if one has it they probably all do. Sorry,

Good advise and the best to give.

Back
Top Bottom