Oh no storm coming and eggs in bator

Steve is right most gas stoves are electric start. Read your manual, I luckily did so a couple years ago when power went out, It stated in big letters DO LIGHT IF POWER GOES OUT' You can use the surface just not the oven.

Quote:
Inkheart I didn't realize you were from Columbus. All family lives there, I jumped to the country 7 yrs ago after being broken into on Christmas Eve taking everything including the Christmas turkey out of the refridge.

Ah technically Marysville - jsut put Columbus

I have heard of people sticking the eggs in their own shirts and incubating with their own body heat and wrapped in blankets whenever necessary during a power outage. I've not done this myself, but I think I would try it if it came right down to it.

Quote:
Great Idea.... I've been watching this attentively as I know some of my baby chick grandchildren to be are in the storm zone. Buck Creek Chickens and others!!!!

One thing to remember is:

If you are a heavy sleeper, don't let the power come back on on that incubator with it covered by blankets or it may overheat...so be sure that you turn your radio or tv on so it awakens you when the power comes on.. If you have a woodheater or fireplace. You might also consider putting it near this heat source.

Praying for everyone's safety and the baby eggs and chicks too...Nancy

Quote:
Inkheart I didn't realize you were from Columbus. All family lives there, I jumped to the country 7 yrs ago after being broken into on Christmas Eve taking everything including the Christmas turkey out of the refridge.

Ah technically Marysville - jsut put Columbus

I'm North Central Ohio West Salem

Quote:
You don't. The only thing you could do is set it in there with no heat but whats the point

Back
Top Bottom