Oh no!!

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
My son saw the dog 'playing' with something today. Turned out it was my baby pigeon!
ep.gif
I have no idea how it got out of the nest or how it got out of the pen. It was pretty wet but didn't look hurt (no bleeding or cuts) and I put it back in the nest under poppa...hope it makes it okay! It's only 2 days old
sad.png

She's a pretty good dog, for all I know she was bringing it to us. I checked today and the baby was fat and sleeping so I guess it will be okay
smile.png

Quote:
That sucks
sad.png

So I decided to put the baby and the egg that hasn't (probably won't) hatched yet in a dog food bowl so the baby isn't so easily able to fall out. The parents have a good nest made but it's on a flat 'floor'. I didn't notice before, but part of the floor is open near the front and apparently when mom and dad switched the baby got bumped. So I went and checked them and mom was sitting beside the bowl with the egg under her with the baby still in the bowl
hmm.png

So scratch that idea, guess I need to figure out how to rig up the floor so baby can't fall out
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Just put some cardboard or a whole bunch of hay in there and it will help to keep the bay in. I've noticed that they don'really like having their nests messed with. They are very finicky about it.

glad to hear he's okay, though.

Back
Top Bottom