pipdzipdnreadytogo

Fuzzy Feather Fanatic
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Okay, so last night, we had some pretty strong storms. Our 6 week olds were out in their daytime pen and I was worried about them, so I rounded them up half an hour earlier than usual-- while it was still light outside-- and took them up to their old brooder/nighttime roost pen in my room.

Well, an hour later, after finishing my evening chores, getting the rest of the birds in for the night, and unwinding a bit while surfing around BYC, I decided it was time to head up to bed. I climbed the stairs and went into my room like usual, flipping the light on as I went, and just look at what I found:

95415_ohhhhhh_no.jpg

ep.gif

This shelf is right next to their nighttime roost in my room. I found three of them on the very top of the shelf (about five feet off the ground), two on my book/game shelf, three on the empty middle shelf (which is toward the bottom in this pic), and the rest of the thirteen were perched on the wooden bar across the top of their nighttime roost pen that I use to hang the feeder and waterer.
There was poo on my shelves. There was poo in the rug. There was poo on the end of my bed. It. Was. Everywhere.
th.gif

So I gathered them all up and put them back down on the roosts they're supposed to use, cleaned up my room a bit (
sickbyc.gif
), killed the light as quick as I could, and had to find my way to my pj's in the dark. So much for going right to bed, eh?

Their nighttime roost, which used to be their brooder, is a metal water bin like those used for horses and cows, but about a foot deep. I always put a little three-foot-tall fence around it to keep them from flying out when they're really little. Normally by this time, they've earned a stretch of chicken wire over the top of that, but these girls (and boys) have NEVER done something like this before.
Lesson learned? Probably not.
lol.png

(Edited to fix the picture)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom