Ohiki Chicken Thread

yep,
I too am glad to see more folks working with them now. That's what it will take to get them going the way they need. I drool every time I go to see Toni at all those little beauties. She has been very pleased with the 9 years of progress she's gotten out of them. She told me several times that this is the first year that she has been pretty much happy with their results, which is awesome, she deserves it. Also glad to see you, Chris and Travis are helping them along as well.

70005_crele_ohiki_copy.jpg

So amazing Amanda!....love the bamboo, love the Ohiki!..................................................................chrisf

That is VERY NICE! She did a very good job on it! The writing on the stone means Chucks Chickens. Can not wait to hang that up on my wall. Amanda you are amazing such nice work! My favorite color on my favorite breed.

Quote:
Thanks so much Chuck. I love doing these. Tickles me to make people happy!!! I am starting to feel like the OHIKI Lady! lol.. OH Yeah, by the way Chuck. They always look so much better in person and the background on this one is no exception. I used a watercolor technique and did washes. Made it look so much more real. And that stone, with the writing, really sets it off.. Of course what could be more flashy than a crele. I am a lemon cuckoo person myself..But I like crele too. At least I get to enjoy it for the weekend... Thank you Thank you Thank you for letting me do this for you.
big_smile.png

I admire the few who are working with the ohiki's. At first when I heard about them my instinct was to want some one day, after reading more about the breed and the care they require I quickly changed my mind for the time being. I agree about starting with a more common long tail breed just until you become more familiar with them in general. So for now I sit back and enjoy their progress and pics of these majestic and beautiful birds. Kudos to the folks who are working so hard on this breed and a special thanks to toni marie for all her hard work and dedication. I look forward to seeing more of these beauties!

No THANK YOU Amanda! You got everything 100% the way I was thinking it. They do for sore look even batter in person. I when down to see Toni Monday and got to see the ones that you done for her and it was like looking at a picture of the birds and not a painting.

Toni has done a very good job working on them. Every time I go see her she blows me away with the new bids that she hatched out. Her whites and her barreds are something to see in person! They are amazing! Toni also gave me some pea comb Ohiki that she was working on so now I can help make a line of pea combed Ohiki!

Back
Top Bottom