OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

New brooder needs a light source. Chicks did not drink! Almost lost them, dipped beaks for an hour till they stood again and went for their own drinks. I don't understand why they didn't drink. I showed them the water the day I put them in and they found the food. Looks like a trip to Lowes again.

I picked these guys up today. I've been after a serama for a year now so I was really happy when I found him. Then we went to the feed store later on and they had silkies on discount. I made a deal to try and sell my silkie roosters if I could buy some of the silkie chicks. I really want a pullet and I have way too many roosters anyway. I just wish I didn't have to buy six of them! (The serama and the silkies are in quarantine away from my other birds and each other.)

Last edited:
If only roosters weren't so mean.,mine got me again this morning, so I'm sporting a new butterfly ban aid on my hand, yet again. Thank goodness my rubber rain boots keep my legs reasonably safe.

Yes, it's unfortunate they have to be mean. We had two Sebright roosters and they would attack your hands quite a lot. Luckily they were only small little guys. They would also rip out feathers on the hens. We were lucky that it was summer and we just made them a little home in the run for a couple days until we could get rid of them.

I know it's their job as flock protectors, but you would think that they would recognize that I take care of them every day, lol.

Toni if he keeps it up please rehome him or freezer camp him. No sense being worried to go in your coop to care for them. Been there myself, just glad Fester knows Mom will pick his big butt up.

Back
Top Bottom