OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

@FlyingNunFarmWe are in stark county and we sell ours for $3.50/doz, we don't wash our eggs nor refrigerate them. We informed our friends and coworkers that. The ones that are soiled we wash & use them ourselves. We supply to 5 families we can't hardly keep up, people w/ chickens around us sell theirs for $2.50.

Thanks henny1129 and Spartan22. I do not wash my eggs and am very clear on that fact and why. I was concerned with money changing hands for food goods. There are odd rules involved with food products.

Of course! I shouldn't have put to clean the eggs, because after the fact I remembered that people have many different opinions on cleaning them. My apologies. :)
henny1129

Thanks henny1129 and Spartan22. I do not wash my eggs and am very clear on that fact and why. I was concerned with money changing hands for food goods. There are odd rules involved with food products.

Check with your local health department about the rules in your county. Here in Miami county if you sell from your farm you are good to go. I sell in a small meat shop & get $4 per dozen. I had to have an analysis of my water & they sent a rep to check that I had a thermomter in my refrigerator that registered below 40*. I have to use new egg cartons with a label starting my name address & phone # & that my eggs are not graded. That was it pretty simple. I wash each night when I bring in store in the fridge & deliver once a week. Works great for me.
1f60a.png

Last edited:
Today was a productive day for me. I got the rest of the plastic down off of the coop and run, finished roofing the coop...it needed the shingles to finish off the top edge, and I got their shade areas shaded. I use a piece of lattice with shade cloth and t hooks up to the coop and the fence, so they have a nice open but shady area. One of these days, I think I will remodel inside the coop, but it's not necessary.

Check with your local health department about the rules in your county. Here in Miami county if you sell from your farm you are good to go. I sell in a small meat shop & get $4 per dozen. I had to have an analysis of my water & they sent a rep to check that I had a thermomter in my refrigerator that registered below 40*. I have to use new egg cartons with a label starting my name address & phone # & that my eggs are not graded. That was it pretty simple. I wash each night when I bring in store in the fridge & deliver once a week. Works great for me.
1f60a.png

Thanks for the info. I've thought about selling my eggs to a store. My coop needs lots of work before any of that can happen. This winter part of the roof blew off, boards on the side, just needs a lot of work.

Wondering what anyone can tell me about selling eggs. I'm in Geauga county. My questions are more about laws involved. I'm not thinking of a roadside stand or anything but if a coworker wants some....then what? What does anyone here charge per dozen?
that shouldn't be a big deal. Anywhere between 2-4$ a dozen. Depends what type of eggs, what chickens you have (ex.you have all 10-20$ chickens, you're not wanting to sell for 2$). We re going to charge 2.75 but if they bring or give egg cartons, it'll be 2 or 2.25-also depends how many they want and if they will be normal customers.
Good luck and have fun.

Thanks for the info. I've thought about selling my eggs to a store. My coop needs lots of work before any of that can happen. This winter part of the roof blew off, boards on the side, just needs a lot of work.

Outpost it seems that my coops are constantly a work in progress. I keep coming up with new & better ideas much to my hubbys dismay!!!!
1f61c.png
1f61c.png

Last edited:
Of course! I shouldn't have put to clean the eggs, because after the fact I remembered that people have many different opinions on cleaning them. My apologies. :)
henny1129

No need to apologize! Like you said in your original response I'm looking to get rid of eggs because I have so many. People ask what I charge and I haven't charged anyone. But if more people are interested I wanted to have an idea what to sell for or if I even could sell.

1f60a.png

That sounds easy enough. I generally bring eggs to people. HA HA Everyone who has gotten eggs already knows me and I give a spiel about my eggs. They are obviously not graded for size. I have a girl with an ostrich as an ancestor.

that shouldn't be a big deal. Anywhere between 2-4$ a dozen. Depends what type of eggs, what chickens you have (ex.you have all 10-20$ chickens, you're not wanting to sell for 2$). We re going to charge 2.75 but if they bring or give egg cartons, it'll be 2 or 2.25-also depends how many they want and if they will be normal customers.
Good luck and have fun.

My chickens were free. HA HA HA I'm looking to get rid of excess eggs. And it would be nice to get a little something for them to put back into care and feeding.

Back
Top Bottom