OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

DUCK LOVERS in Northwest Ohio, Toledo Ohio

It has been brought to my attention that the special ordered female duck i got in February now is in fact a drake! I ordered 2 females but lost one in transit. I had to go to TSC to get her a companion during chick days and ended up with a pekin hen and pekin drake. So with the 2 ducks i already had at home one hen and one drake (1 year old) I now have a total of 3 drakes :he and only 2 hens.....

I need to rehome a least one drake, possibly two drakes (3 mounths old and a year old). These guys are pets and not raised for meat, If any one you fellow Buckeyes know someone looking for male pet ducks, please tag me.

Thanks in advance
onaharley

DUCK LOVERS in Northwest Ohio, Toledo Ohio

It has been brought to my attention that the special ordered female duck i got in February now is in fact a drake! I ordered 2 females but lost one in transit. I had to go to TSC to get her a companion during chick days and ended up with a pekin hen and pekin drake. So with the 2 ducks i already had at home one hen and one drake (1 year old) I now have a total of 3 drakes :he and only 2 hens.....

I need to rehome a least one drake, possibly two drakes (3 mounths old and a year old). These guys are pets and not raised for meat, If any one you fellow Buckeyes know someone looking for male pet ducks, please tag me.

Thanks in advance
onaharley

Where did you get get the special ordered duck? Maybe you could contact them and they send you a female since they messes up?

I have too many drakes already, but I might be willing to part with some adult Pekin females if you are interested. They weren't hand-raised, so they are definitely what I would call "skittery" but they lay like gang busters. If you'd rather not, that's fine. I'm planning on getting rid of my Pekins anyway as soon as I have rare breed females to replace them with, so this would just be a bit earlier than I had planned. Just thought I'd offer. :)

Where did you get get the special ordered duck? Maybe you could contact them and they send you a female since they messes up?

I have too many drakes already, but I might be willing to part with some adult Pekin females if you are interested. They weren't hand-raised, so they are definitely what I would call "skittery" but they lay like gang busters. If you'd rather not, that's fine. I'm planning on getting rid of my Pekins anyway as soon as I have rare breed females to replace them with, so this would just be a bit earlier than I had planned. Just thought I'd offer. :)

Metzer......I called and they gave me a full refund. Very nice people to deal with! I can't do ducklings at this time because of our summer travel plans. AS much as i would love too, it would be too much for my duck babysitter this summer.

Thank you very much for the offer on females that is very sweet of you, but i might have to pass for now. I have limited space and need to rehome before i can bring more in. I currently have 5 ducks in the backyard of our less then .5 acre land......but i will keep you in mind once i get things figured out here. What rare breed are you looking to get? just wondering that's all.

But i do have a friend that has a pond looking for females, they currently have 4 males to 2 hens, their flock is way off ..... how old are yours? and how many do you have sell?

Metzer......I called and they gave me a full refund. Very nice people to deal with! I can't do ducklings at this time because of our summer travel plans. AS much as i would love too, it would be too much for my duck babysitter this summer.

Thank you very much for the offer on females that is very sweet of you, but i might have to pass for now. I have limited space and need to rehome before i can bring more in. I currently have 5 ducks in the backyard of our less then .5 acre land......but i will keep you in mind once i get things figured out here. What rare breed are you looking to get? just wondering that's all.

But i do have a friend that has a pond looking for females, they currently have 4 males to 2 hens, their flock is way off ..... how old are yours? and how many do you have sell?

When we lived in town on a 1/10th of an acre, we had 6 adult ducks and two almost adult ducks. There's always room for "just a few more" lol.

We have a handful of rare breeds, including Cayuga, Buff, Ancona, Magpie, and a Welsh Harlequin and a Golden Cascade. We just got 11 Golden Cascade ducklings from Holderread's and also have 6 Silver Appleyards. I'd like to focus on Golden Cascades and probably Welsh Harlequins, as well get more Holderread-line Cayuga and Ancona stock. I think we've got around 2 dozen adult ducks right now, including the Pekin females. Plus my recent Holderread order and I have two broody ducks sitting on eggs! And I'm hoping to get Muscovy ducks this year. (I don't have an addiction - I can stop anytime I want to. Really.)

I have 9 Pekin females left, though two of them limp badly so I'll probably keep them because they need to be in a secure pastured situation because they are slower. (I bought all the Pekins as adults and those two appear to have injured their legs long before I bought them, poor things.) $15 each. What kind of ducks does your friend have? If she has Pekin drakes, then she'll have to get several dozen females to satisfy that many rapacious b@stards. (Can you tell I had a bad experience with the Pekin drakes that came with our Pekin females? They would chase down a female until she fell and then gang-rape her. I sold those males right away.)

Happy to say that we managed to cure a hen of pasty butt! I learned from this site to alternate probiotics and vinegar with the mother in their water, soak their butts in a pan with epsom salts in the water. Use rubber gloves and wash the soiled feathers and around the vent. After the 'bath' I spray the vent area and butt feathers with an anti-fungal spray...athlete's foot spray is what I use. Voilá, a few days after she looked fine.

When we lived in town on a 1/10th of an acre, we had 6 adult ducks and two almost adult ducks. There's always room for "just a few more" lol.

We have a handful of rare breeds, including Cayuga, Buff, Ancona, Magpie, and a Welsh Harlequin and a Golden Cascade. We just got 11 Golden Cascade ducklings from Holderread's and also have 6 Silver Appleyards. I'd like to focus on Golden Cascades and probably Welsh Harlequins, as well get more Holderread-line Cayuga and Ancona stock. I think we've got around 2 dozen adult ducks right now, including the Pekin females. Plus my recent Holderread order and I have two broody ducks sitting on eggs! And I'm hoping to get Muscovy ducks this year. (I don't have an addiction - I can stop anytime I want to. Really.)

I have 9 Pekin females left, though two of them limp badly so I'll probably keep them because they need to be in a secure pastured situation because they are slower. (I bought all the Pekins as adults and those two appear to have injured their legs long before I bought them, poor things.) $15 each. What kind of ducks does your friend have? If she has Pekin drakes, then she'll have to get several dozen females to satisfy that many rapacious b@stards. (Can you tell I had a bad experience with the Pekin drakes that came with our Pekin females? They would chase down a female until she fell and then gang-rape her. I sold those males right away.)

i love your choice of rare breeds! My Metzers mistake is a silver appleyard. I absolutely love that breed and do plan on getting more females some day. So my current ducks are 4 pekin one SA. And yes i know about those pekin drakes.....my yard is currently seperated in half

They have pekins at the pond. I will see if they still need some....i will send you a PM if they do

I AM LOOKING FOR THIS KINDA TURKEY HE OR SHE IS ALONE NOW I LIVE IN GUERNSEY COUNTY SO IF U HAVE TURKEYS FOR SALE LET ME KNOW.I LOVE ALL ME BABY'S.

Attachments

• IMG_2404.JPG
    IMG_2404.JPG
    573.9 KB · Views: 5
Sold

Six adult Pekin females for sale, $15 each or $50 if you buy all six. (I have them priced higher on Craigslist but wanted to give BYCers a better price. ;-) Fantastic layers and the eggs are so big that I have to use rubber bands on even the jumbo size egg cartons. They've been living in a pasture and eating non-gmo feed. I just need to downsize a bit and focus more on my rare breed ducks.

Located in Geneva, OH, about an hour northeast of Cleveland. Local pick up only.

IMG_1159.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom