OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Only person I know that had NPIP testing done has waited months for results and last I knew still had not heard back.
OMG! That is ridiculous! I sent my test request form in but was told that larger facilities have priority. So me and my 20 birds will likely always be kicked to the back of the list. Which is absurd. The whole testing thing is a crock anyways since all it does is say at that particular time on that day the bird isn't infected. But the very next day it could contract it.

OMG! That is ridiculous! I sent my test request form in but was told that larger facilities have priority. So me and my 20 birds will likely always be kicked to the back of the list. Which is absurd. The whole testing thing is a crock anyways since all it does is say at that particular time on that day the bird isn't infected. But the very next day it could contract it.
Agreed. But for certain people if you want to sell, especially between states, it's necessary.

I'm looking for stats on backyard chicken owners in Ohio. Most places don't require a permit for backyard chickens. Where would I find this info? Any ideas?
Local Zoning office. Some county websites will give you the info but some not. I’ve had my best luck calling the zoning inspector direct. Zoning will tell you about any ordinance in your area and could point you in the direction of permit if needed.
Generally permits about animals are issued through local wildlife/natural resource office.

Back
Top Bottom