OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Ill see what I can do. This week is pretty full of craziness. Between the new special chicks I have and getting ready for my get away this weekend I have exams for nursing school. I would definitely love to come. Lol I can honestly say I have become obsessed with my fluffy butts. I was laid off from work in January and have been kinda down since I'm stuck at home and adjusting to my new lack of income and they have just made it so much better. I love meeting breeders and talking chicken. Most of the people where I live are upper class and think I've basically lost my mind when they find out I have them. But on nice days I sit outside and just watch them.

Thank you so much for the offer. I will defiantly take you up on the offer. I may have to see if my dad wants to take a road trip (he grew up on a farm and is my chick sitter, not to mention the only person who encourages my chicken addiction .)

i think most people would say i passed obsession when i built a $10,000 barn (that isn't done yet) instead of adding onto my 700 square foot house. my wife and i both love our chickens, it started with 6. i think its safe to say we have 250 breeders right now. along with several chicks we are raising to add to our collection. like i said before it is a farm in progress, but if you can understand the construction mess, you are more than welcome to come.

Lisa hereare the Lemon Cuckoo Orpington babies, all three hatched.

Awww... adorable! So I'm assuming they are sex-linked. That surprised me.

So, very much to my surprise today I woke up and went to the incubator and my chick in a cup is still alive. The yolk sac is almost absorbed and it is still hanging in there. It's not chirping away but it's breathing and moving around some.

So, very much to my surprise today I woke up and went to the incubator and my chick in a cup is still alive. The yolk sac is almost absorbed and it is still hanging in there. It's not chirping away but it's breathing and moving around some.
great news, what did you do about the crooked toes?

I haven't touched them yet. The poor thing can still get around but I am going to make it little shoes to wear with band aids and cardboard. My youngest is going to help me after she gets out of school.

I haven't touched them yet. The poor thing can still get around but I am going to make it little shoes to wear with band aids and cardboard. My youngest is going to help me after she gets out of school.

ok that is what I was going to suggest. I have never done it but have seen many others talk about it. Seems the sooner the better, before the bones harden.
Did I see you post on southern Ohio on FB?

Yep. Lol trying my hardest to find a friend but trying to stay hopeful the poor thing may pull through. It's just been one big mess with this hatch. I think this is actually worse than not having any hatch.:(

I am in Mercer County Ohio. I am new to the "Chicken Family". I have acquired 5 favorelle roosters....free to a good home if anyone wants them.....

Back
Top Bottom