OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

oh my! its snowing again. Even my cats have cabin fever. The girls don't seem to mind it as much as I do when I have to go feed and clean the coop. 14 eggs so far today from my 20 girls. Here's wishing for spring and the color green.
smile.png

Mine have been laying surprisingly well - put them on the layena pellets for winter and off they went! Course collecting all eggs before they freeze seems to be the bigger issue! LOL

Quote:
I wonder why I live here too. Brrrrrrrrr!! Yea, my nose hairs froze yesterday too. The chickens don't seem to mind too much. One thing I noticed is that if their heat light is on in the evening, they will not go into the coop. I can't turn it on until they are in there for the night. Last night I forgot and had to physically pick each and every hen up and carry them to the coop. What a site that was.
gig.gif

(at least I only have 4 right now)

Quote:
I wonder why I live here too. Brrrrrrrrr!! Yea, my nose hairs froze yesterday too. The chickens don't seem to mind too much. One thing I noticed is that if their heat light is on in the evening, they will not go into the coop. I can't turn it on until they are in there for the night. Last night I forgot and had to physically pick each and every hen up and carry them to the coop. What a site that was.
gig.gif

(at least I only have 4 right now)

devoted chicken parent! What i like to see! LOL

Quote:
Check out sc farms in mercer county. You will have to google sc farms and their website should be first. Their costs are a little higher than hatcheries, but they breed towards standards.

Back
Top Bottom