OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Yes, it's been very very cold. My pool heater is doing the job though. The 70 gal. landscape pool is warm (???) and toasty. The white calls spend all day in there. They make the new ducks stay out (nasty little guys!), but the new ducks are able to get in occasionally.

The heated water dishes are awesome too. No frozen water for the chickens or ducks. I put chopped up leaf lettuce in the water dish each morning for them, which is great til they decide to sit in the water dish to eat and all the lettuce goes splooshing over the edge.

Spring is just around the corner
smile.png

Our hens pulled the cord out of their heater. The heated base for the waterer isn't enough so now we have frozen water and chilly birds! Hopefully the heat lamp helps tonight, it isn't supposed to be as cold tonight as it was last night. Brrrrr!

AM I the only one who questions living in Ohio when you first step outside and your nostril hairs instantly Freeze? grrrr - -3 here today - I really should get a picture of my barn tending clothes - look like i should be an extra in Dr Zhivago!!!!!

Quote:
Every day and then spring arrives. FWIW, I used to enjoy winter, when I was younger. Now not so much.

Yep, as I look outside right now and see more snow coming down, I'm with you.

Our three little miniature dachsunds hate this weather. They have a trail worn down through the snow that they use to go to the bathroom every time.......poor tiny dogs.

Back
Top Bottom