OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I'm pretty new to raising chickens, thanks to my son wanting to get them for 4-H. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a breeder in Ohio for Rosecombs, Japanese or maybe Dutch. These are the breeds he is interested in.

Also, I am looking to possibly buy from S & C Bird farms and was wondering if anyone can comment on chickens purchased from them and their potential show quality.

Thanks,
Roger

Quote:
I am not sure on those breeds - well in Ohio - Rosecombs and Dutch are hard to find period. The japanese will be easier to find - i have a friend in Ohio that raises the japanese bantams - he does not show - but are from show breeder stock . He has given some to 4H'ers and apparently they did really well. I know he has nothing extra now - but i can let you know in the spring if he does have anything . Mostly Black tailed whites

Inkheart,

If you can keep us in mind and let us know if your friend has any extras to sell or anything I would greatly appreciate it.
smile.png

Honestly, the black tailed whites are one of my sons two preferred varieties for the Japanese. The other preference was black tailed buff.

Thanks,
Roger

Would he be looking for a rooster or a hen ? Or a pair or trio ? And when would he like them by?
There also is an active Japanese Bantam thread on here that maybe someone could help you as well - like i said the other breeds I am not even sure if they have threads on here?

We would need a trio and our deadline for having them is May 1. Also, they have to be hatched after Jan 1 of this year. I realize this puts some limitations on things, but they are the limits we have to work in.

Thanks again for looking into this.

Roger

Hope everyone is making it thru this GREAT Ohio weather we are having - you know its bad when the dog takes one step out - looks up and turns aruond towards the door like - are you kidding me? Be safe all

We had a bout 4" @ my home in Ross County. If it had not been a rather wet snow, it would have been maybe 6". If it hadn't been wet and the wind had blown, we would have had about 24" drifts in our driveway. The little that did come after it got colder did drift enough so the belly of the van rubbed the snow going out this AM. I just got back from my doctor appointment around noon and went out and plowed it out, in case we get more the first of the week. Does not look like we will get much thawing anytime soon.

Chickens stayed in today. I opened the door and plugged in the heat light on the waterer, bet they are just hanging out around the light.

Back
Top Bottom