OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Checking in from Cincinnati! Newbie here, all I have is a simple coop blueprint.
jumpy.gif

welcome-byc.gif
and to the Ohio Thread! And don't worry, "If you build it, they will come"!
big_smile.png

Welcome to all the newbies! Lucasville here (Scioto/Pike Co line) and I'm always pleasantly surprised when I see someone new from an area I actually recognize! LOL.
Silkie Banty Anyone near Frankfort,Chillicothe,Greenfield, interested in some chicks? I have 8 day old chicks I hatched from my flock. 1 silkie and 6 banty mix chicks
Oohh. I've seen you post these on Craigslist and have to seriously bite my tongue to keep from responding. :lol:
Do you all think it will be ok to put my 4 week old chicks in the barn? Im a little ocd and they are flying all over my house and crapping every where. The barn doesn't have electricity but their heat lamp has been as far away as it can be for the past week.
4 weeks (5 now) is a little early, even with the warm temps we've been having during the day. Do you have them in a brooder? This may be the overly-cautious on me speaking, but I don't put my youngsters outside, even in these temps, until at least 10 weeks or completely feathered out. Wish I had a garage to keep brooders in!
Anyone getting chicks from Mt.healthy hatchery should read and share! http://m.wlwt.com/news/salmonella-o...lwt5&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=hootsuite
Erm. Yikes. I have some babies right now from TSC, which orders their babies from Mt. Healthy. Guess I'll be washing my hands a little more diligently for awhile..
anyone in Ohio needing any call ducklings or Pomeranian geese I have a few to spare. Also will have some Dutch bantams a little on. PM me if interested.
:th Must. Resist.
Well Fester my EE cockerel has started to crow. He sounds like stepped on cat, Aaaa-Aaaaa!
:gig I had a roo start crowing last week, too. Knew it was coming for awhile because he would watch the other big boys crow and stretch his neck out like he was practicing lol. He should have kept practicing. He sounds like he's being held underwater when he crows. Much like the quail roos. Makes me giggle everytime.
Mt Hope Swap is this week, 16th & 17th. I'll be there with a ton of chicks & a few ducks if anyone "needs" any. ;)
Oh Lord. I always "need" more babies. Mt Hope..I'm thinking..hoping..that's too far a drive. Off to mapquest! :love Ancona ducklets. @minihorse927
:welcome and to the Ohio Thread! And don't worry, "If you build it, they will come"! :D
In leaps and bounds LOL. ;)

Last edited:
Mt Hope Swap is this week, 16th & 17th. I'll be there with a ton of chicks & a few ducks if anyone "needs" any. ;)
What kind of chicks?
What kind of chicks? Do you have pullet chicks or are they straight run? What breed, how many, how old?
Haha I just answered your other post too! WE can pick up from Roseville OR Mt Hope!
Rainbow layers 2-9 weeks (older ones can be sexed) Poliskies (polish/silkie) 0-2 weeks Polbars (polish/cream legbar) 1-3 weeks White Bresse (hatching now) Mallards (hatching now) Heritage turkeys (hatching now)-not going to Mt Hope...for pick-up in Roseville only Easter Egger Bantams (0-3 weeks) Cochin bantam (hatching now)

I have never heard a ruckus like the one in my incubator! Those two ancona that hatched yesterday are pecking and attacking everything! They are jumping up and pecking the heating element in the top of the incubator. I think they're about to knock the lid off.

I have 19 new babies! I have a Silkie and Marans now sitting on eggs. So soon we will have to be posting some for sale for the first time! These are Olive Eggers, Polish, Marans, Easter Eggers and I think I had one Silkie mix hatch out of this! Next tuesday should be the Silkies Hatch day and June 1 should be the Marans hatch day

Back
Top Bottom