OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Leaving a wooden egg under her will make her sit for months on end trying to hatch it....not very healthy

Im near Lebanon Ohio. With about 20 chickens. Unfortunately one of my silkies current babies got up near some water and drowned itself. It was a pretty little lavender orpington pullet. Third time this has happened once with another baby of a previous hatch and then once with an adult bird. They managed to get onto the above ground pool and fell in, they must have missed the cover on it.

Last edited:
Im near Lebanon Ohio. With about 20 chickens. Unfortunately one of my silkies current babies got up near some water and drowned itself. It was a pretty little lavender orpington pullet. Third time this has happened once with another baby of a previous hatch and then once with an adult bird. They managed to get onto the above ground pool and fell in, they must have missed the cover on it.

Hey neighbor. Just a little north of you, between Lebanon and Waynesville.

Hey neighbor. Just a little north of you, between Lebanon and Waynesville.
Oh man that's really cool.

Here are some of my babies:

I just love his chest coloring.

This is one of our friendliest, father was a light brahma(who was supposed to be a pullet) and mom was a partridge rock we believe(either that or a BO, RIR, or EE). Her brother, who was also a mix, looked exactly like LB.

We currently have some eggs in the bator. 24 that were shipped to use were clears, I did put in 2 of our own, so those two are developing, and we have 7 cream legbars eggs settling from shipped, they handled it much better, no detached or broken air cells. Going in tomorrow. The two in the bator are half polish, one is half golden comet, and the other is half tetra tint, cant wait to see the colors coming out of those eggs.

Sorry post is longer, I just cant wait for more chicks (even though they've been in for 6 days now), I love hatching them and teaching them to eat and drink, its soo cool.

My bet would be your Brahma cross's Momma was the partridge rock, she shows partial penciling. Her brothers Momma was probably the RIR, also based on the Columbian pattern, as is the light Brahma. Although he should have had brassy hackle and saddle feathers being silver/gold split. The EErs could be the wildcard as they seem to come in just about any color/pattern combos.

Hello, I'm selling off all my chickens. My coop is being vandalized over and and I just don't want to rebuild anymore. The coop isn't close enough to my house to hear them or I would stop them. Between the vandals and the raccoons I just can't do it anymore. They're like sitting ducks. The run is completely destroyed and i have to keep them locked up or risk predator attacks if I free range. So I decided to let them go. I have 14 black, blue & splash ameraucana pullets & cockerels (in all 3 colors) that were born this January & February except for two unrelated roosters one black and one blue (roosters were born February 2013). The one rooster lives in a coop with 2 pullets and the other lives with the rest peacefully. I bought all of them as day olds from Sharon Yorks so they're real ameraucanas. I really wanted to show and breed them but my heart isn't in it anymore. Please pm me to make an offer. Nothing reasonable will be refused. I'm in north east ohio.

That's awful, Eleisha. :( What kind of lowlife would do such a nasty thing.. Anyone who sucks the joy out of chicken-raising should be strung by their toes and have a few angry roosters sic'd on them.. or, you know, a pellet gun might do the trick. I wish I could help, but that's too far a drive from here sadly. Hope you find them all a great home. And catch the creeps responsible.

I know Shay it's awful. I'm losing them all the time. I lost up to 15 because of vandals & raccoons. Always my favorites, every last one. I feel bad for my little chickys and tired of seeing them suffer. Idk if my neighbors hate them or it's just vandals. I doubt it's the neighbors since they've been here a year and the neighborhood kids like to feed them and take pictures lol. Idk why people are so mean but if I get them out of here they can't harass my babies no more. I'll start over once we move south. We're planning on moving to West Virginia next year and I'll be farther from the neighbors and hopefully the mean people.

Back
Top Bottom