OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Othef than the neex for a few day old chick/duck/goose...we finally agreed its time to sell our pair of red golden pheasants. Its not fait they live in a five by two pen.
We will probably ask 125 dollars for them but we know they desrve better. We want someone who breeds them or wants them for pretty pets. The male is quite calm but the female is skittish. Thatnks because we hatched and hand raised the male if you are interested, please pm me

So yesterday my 5 year old son, my mother and I took a trip to Holmes County. We went mainly to pick out furniture for my son's room but of course we had to make a few food and farm stops. My favorite is Hershberger Farm and Bakery. They are on SR 557 just off of 39, before Guiggisberg Cheese and Chalet in the Valley, heading toward Charm. They are best know for the goats on top of the barn and Big Ben, the largest horse in Holmes County. They have a petting barn full of goats, sheep, a few pigs, horses, a Highland Cow and sweet calf as well as some turkeys and chickens. The most amusing were the wandering bantams underfoot. They had lots of Mottled Bantam Cochins, some Silver Seabrights, three Silkies white, black and blue, that all looked male (big walnut combs and wattles) and a couple Sultans in a pen. My favorite though was what looked like a Birchen Japanese Bantam pullet, she was just hanging out in a horse stall, scratching and pecking in the straw. She reminded me a bit of our Silver Grey Dorking, only smaller and darker. They also had lots of Golden Comets out in the field that we took a buggy ride around, a RIR rooster as well as big colorful rooster that looked like a Black Copper Marans but could have been a Welsummer or something else, I didn't see him up close and our driver didn't know but we talked about chickens a bit and he told us about his 8 children and 26 grandchildren. Oh and of course they are known for their baked goods and produce, especially their fry pies!

I wish a had snapped a shot of the little bantams but they were constantly moving, I tried to get one that was on the back of a sheep, but it hopped off when I got out my phone. I did get a pic of the Sultan, Birchen bantam and Seabright though:

What do you think, Japanese?

So sorry to hear that Eleisha! I wish I could help with the re-homing, but we would only have room for 2 or 3 more and the husband doesn't like the idea of getting chickens from other people.

Eleisha, that is so not right someone doing that to you. So so sorry.Too bad you can't catch them and sis a roo on em as Shay said. I being back in the woods n if I catch ppl trying it with mine they gonadotropin be digging bird shot out their rump.

Trail cam with night vision works miracles for collection of evidence. And, as an added bonus, you get to see the rest of the furry ones that snoop around your coop at night.

Oh yes trail cam has caught coyote, coon, cat, fox, possum, and deer on it, the owls are the one I can't get pic of since I cannot climb ladder of any kind till oct.

Anybody buy/have an extra few day to week old chick they dont want?! The other chick of ours that hatched died and now our wcb polish is lonely! We have never raised them alone and most of the eggs were infertile, though a few died early.

Please help!!! This guy needs a buddy.!

Anybody buy/have an extra few day to week old chick they dont want?! The other chick of ours that hatched died and now our wcb polish is lonely! We have never raised them alone and most of the eggs were infertile, though a few died early.

Please help!!! This guy needs a buddy.!

I have tiny little silkies my broody has been hatching throughout the week. I'm sure I could spare one or two.

Where in ohio do you live? Dont want to stress the little guys.
We just might raise him lurselves alone. We did have one one time that we did that.
Hatching through the week reminds me of the time we rorgot to collect eggs.

Back
Top Bottom