OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I won 2 bids on ebay and can't wait to get the eggs. bator is warmed up n ready to go.
What breed(s)?

I got an incubator for my birthday and am excited to try it out. Have to get my girls laying again first tho! Ugh. 1 egg a day from 10 hens is getting pretty old. I want to try to hatch some of our own with a decent hatch rate before I spend money on eggs.

What breed(s)?

I got an incubator for my birthday and am excited to try it out. Have to get my girls laying again first tho! Ugh. 1 egg a day from 10 hens is getting pretty old. I want to try to hatch some of our own with a decent hatch rate before I spend money on eggs.
cuckoo marans and ameracuanas in the last bid and cuckoo marans in the first bid. last year my hatching rate on my eggs sucked as far as the chickens go duck was different. I wanted to try my
hand at someone elses eggs.

Q for all of you. I have a chicken that keeps going broody (January and again already). I'm afraid to put her in a wire cage in the coop due to the temps and don't want to separate her from the flock for that long. I take her out of the nesting box 4-5 times a day and make sure all of the eggs are collected several times a day. What else can I do to stop her? I don't have a rooster and don't plan on ordering eggs so I have no use for her to be broody. Thanks!

Aaak! Too many chicks here! Anyone want some bantam cochin and serama chicks? A week old....free.... I am just sw of Cleveland....

Anyone know were I can find Ameraucans hatching eggs?
I believe the breeder in Ludlow Falls where I got my Marans had Ameraucanas as well. It might be worth a call to him since he is so close. Message me if you want his contact info. According to him he's won all kinds of shows with his birds as well. Really nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom