OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I do! I love them. I have 2 NN mix, a showgirl ( NN/silkie), and a NN in my brooder that I am waiting to see if it frizzles. I hatched the one in my brooder but got the rest from an awesome breeder in Indiana. She is supposed to be sending me a list soon of what she is going to be selling if you want I can let you know if she has any. I'm in liberty township Ohio. I am going to meet with her soon anyway and could pick them up.
Thanks if you can send me let me know that would be awesome! Im thinking of Maybe over winter getting some chicks that way by the time that spring comes they are ready for the coop. I am a bit away from you though..lol about 4 hours. I really appreciate it though. Maybe over the winter ill build an incubator. Your Awesome Thanks again!

My Navy son is coming home to pick up his kids and take them back to his base in Florida for the summer. I would very much like for my grandchildren to experience chicks hatching. However, my 3 recent incubations have resulted in very few hatchlings, the last one produced zilch. I would like to increase my chances of the kids seeing eggs hatch by buying local hatching eggs, instead of a crapshoot with shipped ebay eggs.

This is what I need ... Ideas on who may have hatching eggs I could pick up. I would be willing to drive within about 2 hours of the Toledo area and would need the hatching eggs the first week of June, so that they could hatch sometime between June 26 and June 29.

To complicate things, I am sort of picky about breeds. I only want ones that I don't already have. I know of Sunny Side Up Micro Farm, but do you know of any others? The closer to Toledo, the better.

Thanks for your help. I really want the grandkids to experience this before they are gone for the summer.

Dang, if it were even six weeks from now I'd have eggs :) Right now the few that are being laid are already spoken for. Have you checked Craigslist yet? Sometimes you can find folks with hatching eggs on there.

im producing more eggs than I can fit in the incubator at the moment. I can spare 2-3 dozen a week pretty easy. I am in southern ohio, 1 hour directly south of columbus

Do any of my fellow Ohioians have and Naked Neck Chickens (Turkens) These chicks really seem intresting to me.

I do, too! I love them! They are the cockiest, most sociable and personable of all my many breeds. It doesn't hurt them that they're adorable, as well! (DH strongly disagrees on this. Perhaps they're just a face a chicken mother could love LOL.)

I do, too! I love them! They are the cockiest, most sociable and personable of all my many breeds. It doesn't hurt them that they're adorable, as well! (DH strongly disagrees on this. Perhaps they're just a face a chicken mother could love LOL.)
Yea I fell in Love the moment i saw one. I'm hoping to get one within the next year. I have 6 EE right now with a coop that fits 15 so hopefully i can get one before i run out of room.

Dang, if it were even six weeks from now I'd have eggs :) Right now the few that are being laid are already spoken for. Have you checked Craigslist yet? Sometimes you can find folks with hatching eggs on there.

Not too many eggs on CL up here, but I did find a CL ad for Barnevelders. Older ad, but I sent tem an email to see f it's possible.

I am looking for eggs as well! I'm looking (diligently I might add) for silkies (the rarer colors preferably) and most importantly, I'm looking for Showgirls and Polish Bantams. I can pick up if within a reasonable driving distance or will pay for shipping. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!! =)

I am looking for eggs as well! I'm looking (diligently I might add) for silkies (the rarer colors preferably) and most importantly, I'm looking for Showgirls and Polish Bantams. I can pick up if within a reasonable driving distance or will pay for shipping. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!! =)

I've seen a lady on CL in SE Michigan. Lots of silkie colors I think. She is on facebook too. Sharon's Silkies. Don 't knw if she sells hatching eggs though.

to get what you want we might have to mix it up a bit. im also sure im missing something when I make lists like this LOL. here is a list of what is laying right now.

large fowl
dark Cornish, dark/white laced red Cornish mix(can be separated), basque, silver phoenix, black australorps, buff orpingtons, white leghorns, Dominique, turkens, rhode island reds, white rocks, silver laced wyandottes. Im doing some beak trimming tomorrow, I may have some barred rocks and black copper French marans after the trim.

bantam fowl:
silver sebrite, white silkie, buff silkie, millie fleur d'uccle, black rosecomb, white leghorn, (cochin, black, buff, blue splash, blue over blue mottled), (old English bantam, fawn silver duckwing, fawn red, brassy back, brassy blue, lemon blue over sport hen, black breasted red, quail, red pyle {needs improved}, blue, self blue, white, black, silver duckwing) and partridge wyandottes (not sure if they are laying).

Back
Top Bottom