OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Wait, what day is the Delaware swap? I hope it's the 6th! What time?

Yup! October 6th, noon till 4:00 Champion Feeds in Delaware. If I weren't working from my dinosaur computer I would be able to post the flier....
barnie.gif

:welcome  WELCOME ABOARD THE CHICKEN ADDICTION TRAIN!!! LOL!
Marengo area here - so howdy neighbor!

Sooooooo......everyone show your chickens on Sat then haul 'em all up to Delaware to sell 'em on Sunday! I wish I had realized that Saturday was the show in Lucasville...I would have taken a few birds. Too late to post enter? (sorry...I'm only familiar with horseshows...) :oops:

I've been talking to the peeps in the area and trying to get an idea of what they are hoping to find at the Delaware swap. So far:

Marans
Olive Eggers
Brahmas
Silkies (I'll have some of those!)
Showgirls (I have one little chick to bring)
Easter Eggers
Seramas
kittens and puppies:cool:

Load up the minivans! I'm just excited to meet some BYC peeps!

I'm bringing my lot of Araucana boys too. See you all next weekend!

Hey fallenangel79-I love your baby girl. I have six red sex link that look just like her. They are by far my favorite birds. They run after me in the yard, come when I call them ( I'm sure I look like a crazy person) and most important? They give me beautiful brown eggs every day! They also give me plenty of double yolkers! They are the sweetest birds, I hold them, love on them and they love me right back. Thanks for sharing!:D
1f414.png

Hey fallenangel79-I love your baby girl. I have six red sex link that look just like her. They are by far my favorite birds. They run after me in the yard, come when I call them ( I'm sure I look like a crazy person) and most important? They give me beautiful brown eggs every day! They also give me plenty of double yolkers! They are the sweetest birds, I hold them, love on them and they love me right back. Thanks for sharing!:D
1f414.png
her name is penny and she foulw me. :)

Aw that kitten is adorable!! If I didn't already have 5 inside (4 of which I'd gladly be rid of if DH would let me..) and about 11 (that I know of..) neighbor/family cats running the property. I know everyone here is good-hearted but be leery who you give those cuties out to otherwise. I've heard there are sickos who troll Craigslist and such for black cats around Halloween for unspeakable purposes.

Can't wait for my quail to hatch!
jumpy.gif

I've heard that as well. Thanks for the reminder tho. I sometimes stay in my own happy, little world for so long I forget about the sickos out there. I'm going to bring them. If nothing else they will keep my 4-year-old entertained while Mommy talks and talks and talks about chickens! LOL

Quote:
I know I've told the story on here before but we had a Peregrine take out our very large Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock rooster in a most heinous manner then come back for an SPPR pullet a little later. They may be small and we always thought they only took prey on the wing but that didn't make any difference in our case.

Fair went well. Came home with first in stallion/gelding halter, 2nd in halter mare, and 2nd in model pony under 52". That's all the classes we entered! Plus Buck is 100% healthy again. The vet can't believe it as it's a miraculous recovery for the problem he was having!

Last edited:
Oh, and my new pasture is officially done! Electric to it and everything. The stray cat we call stranger says it hurts when you walk though it. I need to put a gate wheel on the gate but can't figure out what I did with the gate wheel so it will live without it until I find it. We got so much done while I was on vacation plus got to go to the fair. Best vacation from work ever!

OOO, and my first silkie egg from my pair and one of the eggs from the black cochin hen are hatching today!!! I can't wait to get home and see the new babies. The cochin chick was working on making a great big old pip and the silkie was internally pipped when I left. I am praying for a healthy little silkie and cochin chick. A vaulted skull would be a plus on the silkie...but I will settle for healthy.

OOO, and my first silkie egg from my pair and one of the eggs from the black cochin hen are hatching today!!!  I can't wait to get home and see the new babies.  The cochin chick was working on making a great big old pip and the silkie was internally pipped when I left.  I am praying for a healthy little silkie and cochin chick.  A vaulted skull would be a plus on the silkie...but I will settle for healthy.

:)

Back
Top Bottom