OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

It is a protein supplement. It is not to be used in large amounts; 5-10% of their total feed. It has done a great job on my Silkie's feathers and helps with molting

Holy moley. After reading the article on the news about that Siberian cold coming in Monday/Tuesday, we are seriously considering covering the spare/chick room in plastic and bringing in the bunny and all 34(ish) chickens inside for the night. Hopefully the ducks would be ok with just a light or two. I'm not even above bringing the PB pig and goat into a bathroom for the night. Going to tarp up the outside dogs' area super well and drown them in hay. Now if only I could fit the horses through the front door..:lau.
God forbid if we lost power (baaad memories of the big 2000-something ((01? 02? 03?)) ice storm coming back), we're all screwed. I know the Super 8 down the road is pet-friendly..I wonder how they'd feel about 2 horses, 6 dogs, 5 cats, a rat, a rabbit, 2 noisy cockatiels, roughly 50 chickens and chicks, a dozen ducks, 7 quail, a goat, and a pig. May need an oversized room.. :gig

Keep warm everyone! Also praying here for everyone's critters out there.

Last edited:
Hello!!!!! from Logan County, new to BYC, here looking for a rooster, mine recently died, old age. I have 10 mixed breed hens who are now being called the "mean girls" hopefully a roo will settle them down like they used to be. Any help much appreciated!!!!!

Hello!!!!! from Logan County, new to BYC, here looking for a rooster, mine recently died, old age. I have 10 mixed breed hens who are now being called the "mean girls" hopefully a roo will settle them down like they used to be. Any help much appreciated!!!!!
welcome to the thread! what kind of rooster are you looking for?

I have a mix of RIR, comets, barred rocks and australorp, I lost an ameraurana rooster to old age. I am not looking for any particular breed , just a roo to keep the girls happy. I like my chicks, they give me eggs and amusement.

i have a couple easter egger roosters, a gold laced wyandotte rooster that appears mixed, and a barred rock rooster that seems to dark - you can have any of them you want. you just have to come and get them.

Thank you!! Would love to have a new breed in the mix. I know where Waynesville is located I grew up in Clinton County. Sounds like a day trip. Will need to get with you when the weather is better for travel. Thank you again for your generosity.

Thank you for your assistance, I would love any breed, I am not particular about what breed can be reproduced, mainly I just want the eggs for consumption and the girls give me nice large eggs. I am corresponding with Big Medicine from Waynesville, they are a lot closer to Logan County. I am waiting for the weather to clear up a bit and will want to find a roo as soon as possible. Again thank you for getting back with me so promptly. I will keep you in mind if things change.

Back
Top Bottom