OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Kinda sad...despite my attempts to protect my little birds (one silkie and three M.F.D'uccles) I found one of my sweet little Millies dead this evening.
Their usual coop set-up is pretty nice with a covered run, but the coop is in a very exposed area,and with only four of them in a 4'x5' coop not enough to keep it warm in these absurd temps...thought I was doing the right thing by setting up a temporary shelter in the horse barn, in the condo brooder, 4'x4'x2'high with a 2'x3' addition, bedded thickly with straw. Fresh, thawed water at least twice a day, chunk of a FlockBlock, feeder....felt really bad that the other three had her little, stiff body in there. Seemed to work well during the last polar vortex...guess this was too cold for too long...and she was only 4.
Sigh.

Kelly11, I am just south of Xenia. I have RIR, Red sex link and Black Australorp covered by RIR rooster that has proven himself with 98 - 100% fertility recently. How many eggs are you looking to sit?

I
I'm in town next to the old new holland market. They tore it down this fall, I really miss it :(
Have to try and limit my chicken obession though, not enough room for everything I would want to have

I heard about that. Mike was a great man and offered a lot to the people of new holland. Same here , live in town so for now we only have three birds. I suppose a couple more couldn't hurt. Hehe

I
I heard about that. Mike was a great man and offered a lot to the people of new holland. Same here , live in town so for now we only have three birds. I suppose a couple more couldn't hurt. Hehe

Mike is great, He wanders around town enjoying his retirement. My lot is pretty big, but I have 4 silkies, 4 point of lay brahma pullets and 5 3 month old brahmas. I need to get the groups separated latter this spring

Oh w

Mike is great, He wanders around town enjoying his retirement. My lot is pretty big, but I have 4 silkies, 4 point of lay brahma pullets and 5 3 month old brahmas. I need to get the groups separated latter this spring[/quote

Oh wow. Quit the flock :) that's awesome. Some day I hope we will be able to have a larger farm.

Back
Top Bottom