OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

S
The ladies are NOT happy. The white stuff is back.

When I opened the coop this morning a couple of them actually made it a few steps down the ramp before they realized there was snow in their run. They stopped, looked around in disgust, shot me a quick glare, and promptly turned around and went back in the coop. :lau

Same here. We are in Columbus and my birds are confused! Yesterday there was not a bit of snow on the ground. They have been out free-ranging every day for a week, today I opened the coop door and they were quite shocked! they managed to stop themselves in mid-jump before they made contact with anything white and cold. They refuse to come out at all.

Hello! its been awhile since I have been on, lot of reading catching up.Our 12 girls have done well in the cabin coop no losses thankfully. I ordered 15 chicks from meyer due in April, I am excited!! 4 EE females,1 EE roo, 4 light Brahma, 3 Speckled Sussex and 3 golden wyndott. will be our first roo and I plan to be in brooding box often to get them use to me and handled. I didn't do that often with my older girls. I just want to get off to better start with my roo so he knows who I am. if things go well with work I may get to build cabin coop #2 and order more fowl but I have to be patient. sigh.

welcome back cabinchick

the wife and I couldn't wait and went to 3 different tsc stores. ended up with 3 new Hampshire reds and 3 white Plymouth rock chicks. I want to get a couple more.

Hi all.
I'm in the southern Madison County. This is my 2nd year being a chicken mommy. let me just say, I'm hooked. I started out with Golden Comets and Black Giants. I now have 20 new babies in the brooder. My question is, does anyone do 4 H? My son is entering this year, and we know nothing about showing chickens. PLEASE HELP. Thanks

Hi all.
I'm in the southern Madison County. This is my 2nd year being a chicken mommy. let me just say, I'm hooked. I started out with Golden Comets and Black Giants. I now have 20 new babies in the brooder. My question is, does anyone do 4 H? My son is entering this year, and we know nothing about showing chickens. PLEASE HELP. Thanks

You could join the breeders club for your breed. I'm sure they would be very helpful. Also there is a show coming up March 15th & 16th where you could see it all happen.

http://wcopc.com/

Back
Top Bottom