OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Another update. Meyer emailed me today and said they'd only give me credit for the 2 that died the first week, nevermind the other 21... Credited me a whole $3.98. Woo. Yeah, they can keep that. I stand by what I said, still never ordering from them again. And can't honestly recommend them to anyone.

love.gif
Precious
Hey Shay, tht sucks you would think they would go out of their way to make things right!! I'm sry that you had to go through this. It is awful having them for a bit of time and then they pass without knowing why. I have heard good things about Cackle Hatchery. Read good reviews on here. On to better and healthier things!!! :eek:)

Hey Shay,  tht sucks  you would think they would go out of their way to make things right!!  I'm sry that you had to go through this.  It is awful having them for a bit of time and then they pass without knowing why.   I have heard good things about Cackle Hatchery.   Read good reviews on here.  On to better and healthier things!!!  :eek:)

:hugs Yeah, I guess they thought it was better to lose a customer than dish out a mere 40 bucks in store credit. I've heard good things about a few others (we actually almost ordered a bunch of polish from Cackle, but ran out of moolah), but I'm afraid to mail-order again. :oops: Maybe I can keep my addiction in check if I limit myself to buying locally. :lol:

On another note, I have 3 silly broody hens now. Makes gathering eggs to ship out early next week for a swap nigh impossible..the little hoarders. Yesterday while Archibald (NN hen) left her nest for a water run, I watched Honey (Buff Brahma bantam) roll a few of Archie's eggs a few inches away (in the "community" nest box). Archie apparently never noticed or felt like sharing (a good possibility since she was struggling trying to cover 10 LF eggs :gig), because last night they were sitting pressed against each other, incubatin' away. Honey has a rep for being an egg abandoner, so we'll see how long it takes her to be bored with motherhood this time.

Anyone going to the swap tomorrow?? I still trying to talk Hubby into it just so I can go "look". lolol!! I really could bring home a few, but only if I could find one breed. Swap is at Caesar Creek I believe, trying to find info on it.

Last edited:
Anyone going to the swap tomorrow?? I still trying to talk Hubby into it just so I can go "look". lolol!! I really could bring home a few, but only if I could find one breed. Swap is at Caesar Creek I believe, trying to find info on it.

Weather is sounding iffier by the day. If it does blow up, hot, humid, and thunderstorms, may be a bust.

well if swap is a bust I can still look at the flea market for bit. I pray weather holds out so I can find a BJG breeder or Brahma breeder, but I don't think my trip will be wasted.I haven't been to a large flea market in a few years and with my back issues now its almost like going to Cedar Point for me. Oh and its going to be a day with my lil brother so it will be a lot of fun!

Last edited:
hugs.gif
Yeah, I guess they thought it was better to lose a customer than dish out a mere 40 bucks in store credit. I've heard good things about a few others (we actually almost ordered a bunch of polish from Cackle, but ran out of moolah), but I'm afraid to mail-order again.
hide.gif
Maybe I can keep my addiction in check if I limit myself to buying locally.
lol.png

I agree! With this bein fair season can check out the all the chicken barns maybe find something good there!! Always fun talking to the 4-H folks. Someone is always selling something there. Or can put you in touch with someone that is
thumbsup.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom