OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Hi everyone I'm in the beavercreek area and was looking to add a few more hens. Is there anyone in the area that might be selling and what kind do you have.

I dont have any to sell at the moment but since this is an ohio thread, I thought I would invite you all to the buckeye thread. It is the only breed created in ohio and also the only created by a woman. Not to mention the beautiful buckeye nut dark mahogany bay color they possess. Come over and say hi!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/803253/the-buckeye-thread

Everyone in ohio should have at least one buckeye!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I dont have any to sell at the moment but since this is an ohio thread, I thought I would invite you all to the buckeye thread. It is the only breed created in ohio and also the only created by a woman. Not to mention the beautiful buckeye nut dark mahogany bay color they possess. Come over and say hi!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/803253/the-buckeye-thread

Everyone in ohio should have at least one buckeye!!
thumbsup.gif

I have posted elsewhere that I believe it is the patriotic duty of EVERY Ohio chicken-keeper to have at least one Buckeye chicken. This breed has a great story, a great history, and most important of all, great breed characteristics.

Leslie teases me about my Buckeyes, but I love the breed, what they stand for, and how important they are to Ohio's agricultural heritage. I think the Livestock Conservancy went a little overboard on their "endangered" status, but I would love to see some of these at all 88 county fairs in the state. For that matter, I'd like to see more POULTRY at the county fairs. We seem to get the short end of the stick most everywhere. Beef, dairy, pork, sheep, and goats seem to get all the publicity and us lowly little poultry people just follow along at the back of the bus....

But enough about that. Get Buckeyes. It's your duty as an Ohioan.

;-)

Back
Top Bottom