OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Hi Buckeyes; I'm Sherry from Newark, OH. Had a bit of a failed first attempt with hatching, had 13 eggs that went through a terrible shipment, ended up with only 4, 2 hatched early but didn't make it...I had the brooding box temp too high thinking the silkies needed to stay at 101. I have 2 more silkie eggs that I'm waiting to see what happens. Yes, USPS did refund my money.

Does anyone have any silkie chicks and/or frizzle chicks or eggs for sale? I'd rather pick them up than have them shipped.

We have land in Waverly that we camp on, and I emailed a seller from Waverly, OH from eBay, I'm guessing she is a member here too. Hopefully they replies or someone here does.

Hi Buckeyes; I'm Sherry from Newark, OH.  Had a bit of a failed first attempt with hatching, had 13 eggs that went through a terrible shipment, ended up with only 4, 2 hatched early but didn't make it...I had the brooding box temp too high thinking the silkies needed to stay at 101.  I have 2 more silkie eggs that I'm waiting to see what happens.  Yes, USPS did refund my money.

Does anyone have any silkie chicks and/or frizzle chicks or eggs for sale? I'd rather pick them up than have them shipped.

We have land in Waverly that we camp on, and I emailed a seller from Waverly, OH from eBay, I'm guessing she is a member here too. Hopefully they replies or someone here does. 
we're right around the corner!! What about Meyer Hatchery? They are amazing and off 71 and 250. I love Waverley area (used to live down there for years!) Good luck

we're right around the corner!! What about Meyer Hatchery? They are amazing and off 71 and 250. I love Waverley area (used to live down there for years!) Good luck
Thanks mamatink7. I just looked up Meyer Hatchery and they only have white silkies. Since we are wanting them as pets, we'd like different colors so we each can tell them apart better, lol. Out of curiosity does Meyer Hatchery allow you to pick up a chick order?

Thanks mamatink7.  I just looked up Meyer Hatchery and they only have white silkies.  Since we are wanting them as pets, we'd like different colors so we each can tell them apart better, lol.  Out of curiosity does Meyer Hatchery allow you to pick up a chick order?

Yup, Meyer allows pick up, a friend of ours pick up theirs.

Thanks mamatink7.  I just looked up Meyer Hatchery and they only have white silkies.  Since we are wanting them as pets, we'd like different colors so we each can tell them apart better, lol.  Out of curiosity does Meyer Hatchery allow you to pick up a chick order?
ahh yes, I only pick up as I don't trust our post office lol. And I also want to hear peeps the entire way home :)

Do you have any clue what breed are they?? I know some breeds are better then others. My speckled Sussex is a brute now but if he doesn't watch his P's and Q's, he is going going gone! I won't have a mean rooster.
My Orpingtons by far are the best roosters, i have 5 Orpingtons now and they all get along. I did keep one marans rooster and he isn't to bad except when Sussex rooster is being a brat towards the babies. He will chase him down and peck him in the head. Lol

The two roos and the little blond girl are all mixed. A friend has an "oh those are cute" flock. Whatever is different or fun. There are several full breed hens and roosters so who is who's parents is hard to say. LOL

Big Boy as I refer to him is behaving himself so far. He hasn't ever tried to challenge me so I'm still head of the flock. I have five girls old enough for him to mate with but only one really lets him. The leghorns I have had never been around a rooster and they keep him in line. It's rather comical. LOL I keep checking my RIR he does mate with for any kind of injuries but so far so good.

I got 4 straight run blue silkis in June and Last year I got a Black roo from Meyers Hatchery. You can pick up your order if you want. It's a neet place to visit.

The two roos and the little blond girl are all mixed. A friend has an "oh those are cute" flock. Whatever is different or fun. There are several full breed hens and roosters so who is who's parents is hard to say. LOL

Big Boy as I refer to him is behaving himself so far. He hasn't ever tried to challenge me so I'm still head of the flock. I have five girls old enough for him to mate with but only one really lets him. The leghorns I have had never been around a rooster and they keep him in line. It's rather comical. LOL I keep checking my RIR he does mate with for any kind of injuries but so far so good.

They are beautiful! You will know if they get aggressive. They won't take no for an anwser. My buff Orpington will try three times with his dance and if she turns him down, he is ok with it.
I hope they stay sweet boys for you. Roosters do a great job taking care of the hens with food and protection.

Hi Buckeyes; I'm Sherry from Newark, OH.  Had a bit of a failed first attempt with hatching, had 13 eggs that went through a terrible shipment, ended up with only 4, 2 hatched early but didn't make it...I had the brooding box temp too high thinking the silkies needed to stay at 101.  I have 2 more silkie eggs that I'm waiting to see what happens.  Yes, USPS did refund my money.

We have land in Waverly that we camp on, and I emailed a seller from Waverly, OH from eBay, I'm guessing she is a member here too. Hopefully they replies or someone here does. 

If you are on Facebook there are Ohio buy sell pagesome as well, many silkie posts.

Back
Top Bottom