OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Here it is. My crazy idea works so far. Netting is up and I even had enough to put up some of their extra area too. I know it won't stop 4 legged bandits or a coyote but they get locked in at night. It's not even 7 now and they went to bed. LOL Now all I have to do is see how it works against birds. Then snow...
like it so far! Yeah, ours get locked in at night as well. Our girls are all on perches by 7 too. Heck they are all inside already today! Guess 7hr was enough out there, very windy and as sun was going down was getting chillies already. Gonna be in 30s tonight:/

ooo I wanted to go to that!! Do you have to bring any chickens? What about trading or selling? I've got a gorgeous rooster (black copper marans) I'd love to see go to another home.

I wondered about buy/sell/trade too. I figure you have to have your birds tested to sell or trade and probably not enough time now. But I'd be happy to buy. Lol

Well worth going to. Usually the largest poultry show in the US. Depending on the year and which breed clubs are holding their national meets there, some of the breed numbers may fluctuate from year to year, but will be way more birds than you can look at. There is a door charge for non exhibitors to get in, like maybe $5, as well as a parking fee to get onto the fairgrounds, again around $5 per vehicle, but worth it.

You are allowed to walk around and look at all the show and sell birds. The exception is when the judges are actively judging birds. Sometimes they will rope off a row, but if you see somebody in a white coat and somebody with a clipboard looking at birds just quietly back out of that row and check out another row.

Depending on the number of entries for the show, the for sale cages will be on the far left side of the building when you come in, or if it is an extremely large show, sale birds may be in the next building to the left. There will also be venders set up. This is where I usually buy my Merck's vaccine for next years hatches. The various breed clubs who are having their national meet there might also have a display set up, and have their business meeting in one of the conference rooms. .

If you are going looking to buy birds, go early.

Last edited:
Well worth going to. Usually the largest poultry show in the US.  Depending on the year and which breed clubs are holding their national meets there, some of the breed numbers may fluctuate from year to year, but will be way more birds than you can look at. There is a door charge for non exhibitors to get in, like maybe $5, as well as a parking fee to get onto the fairgrounds, again around $5 per vehicle, but worth it. 

You are allowed to walk around and look at all the show and sell birds. The exception is when the judges are actively judging birds. Sometimes they will rope off a row, but if you see somebody in a white coat and somebody with a clipboard looking at birds just quietly back out of that row and check out another row. 

Depending on the number of entries for the show, the for sale cages will be on the far left side of the building when you come in, or if it is an extremely large show, sale birds may be in the next building to the left. There will also be venders  set up. This is where I usually buy my Merck's vaccine for next years hatches. The various breed clubs who are having their national meet there might also have a display set up, and have their business meeting in one of the conference rooms. . 

If you are going looking to buy birds, go early.

That's awesome. Thank you sooooo much.

Now to talk hubby into going. :D

Back
Top Bottom