OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Well, if I'm correct about the 4 we have left, we have a black australorp, barred rock, silver laced Wyandotte, and gold laced Wyandotte. We lost a chick less than a day after getting them home, and I think she was our Dominique.
awww sorry about your loss of one. That's a nice mix of a flock. We love our black australorps and silver laced Wyandottes:) we live north of you lol

I just posted this in the Duck forum, so apologies for anyone reading this twice:

(I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum or not allowed.)

I'm about to order a mating pair of Golden Cascades from the Holderread Farm (squee! so excited!) and shipping is rather more expensive than I initially thought - $108 plus $16 for the special shipping box. They are my birthday purchase/present so I'm still going to get my new ducks either way (hurray!), but I was wondering if perhaps there was anyone in the Ohio/PA area who might like to add 1 or 2 adult ducks onto my order because I believe that the shipping is the same for 4 ducks as it is for 2 ducks but this way we could split the shipping.

Update: I just heard back from Holderread Farms and a four duck box would be $172 plus $28. It would still be cheaper as one larger order instead of two smaller ones, but I did want mention the updated information.

I live in Willowick, OH, which is northeast of Cleveland, and I'd be willing to drive up to 2 hours to meet up with someone to bring them their ducks the day they arrive here.

And just so nobody thinks this is some kind of feather-brained scam, I'd be willing to pay for the extra ducks for the initial ordering and then be reimbursed when we meet. Just no backing out after I order! :) I won't have room to keep that many new ducks!

Again, I apologize if this is weird, inappropriate, or not allowed. I just thought this might help someone else get some Holderread ducks too. :)

Edited to correctly put in link.

Last edited:
Thank you, I was really bummed about it. I didn't realize how quickly I'd get attached to these little creatures.

It is funny how you can become so attached! It's really sad when you lose one, especially as a chick. :hugs
Wellington! (Northeast-ish)

Welcome to the Ohio thread! :D
I just posted this in the Duck forum, so apologies for anyone reading this twice:

(I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum or not allowed.)

I'm about to order a mating pair of Golden Cascades from the Holderread Farm (squee! so excited!) and shipping is rather more expensive than I initially thought - $108 plus $16 for the special shipping box. They are my birthday purchase/present so I'm still going to get my new ducks either way (hurray!), but I was wondering if perhaps there was anyone in the Ohio/PA area who might like to add 1 or 2 adult ducks onto my order because I believe that the shipping is the same for 4 ducks as it is for 2 ducks but this way we could split the shipping.

Update: I just heard back from Holderread Farms and a four duck box would be $172 plus $28. It would still be cheaper as one larger order instead of two smaller ones, but I did want mention the updated information.

I live in Willowick, OH, which is northeast of Cleveland, and I'd be willing to drive up to 2 hours to meet up with someone to bring them their ducks the day they arrive here.

And just so nobody thinks this is some kind of feather-brained scam, I'd be willing to pay for the extra ducks for the initial ordering and then be reimbursed when we meet. Just no backing out after I order! :) I won't have room to keep that many new ducks!

Again, I apologize if this is weird, inappropriate, or not allowed. I just thought this might help someone else get some Holderread ducks too. :)

Edited to correctly put in link.

Unfortunately, I don't need any ducks....but I did just want to tell you that I don't think posting this is innapropiate or anything like that. I've seen a few people do it and I think it is a good idea, so I think you'll be okay with posting it here! :thumbsup

Last edited:
Yay, Ohio thread! I'm near West Liberty. Just got my chicks a couple wks ago. We have 25, mainly pullets, a couple or three cockerels. This weather! It's killing me! I'm new to BYC and sort of new to chickening. I had a small flock several years ago and we got by on common sense and dumb luck. Hoping to do better this time around.
Hope everyone's having a chipper morning, as I am. Must be this strong coffee.
1f601.png

Unfortunately, I don't need any ducks....but I did just want to tell you that I don't think posting this is innapropiate or anything like that. I've seen a few people do it and I think it is a good idea, so I think you'll be okay with posting it here! :thumbsup

"Need" and "want" are such fluid concepts, don't you think? So very similar, really. Almost exactly the same! ;-)

Thanks for the reassurance!

Yay, Ohio thread! I'm near West Liberty. Just got my chicks a couple wks ago. We have 25, mainly pullets, a couple or three cockerels. This weather! It's killing me! I'm new to BYC and sort of new to chickening. I had a small flock several years ago and we got by on common sense and dumb luck. Hoping to do better this time around.
1f601.png

It's the strong coffee! Ha ha ha, welcome to Ohio Thread!!!
1f95a.png
1f95a.png
1f95a.png
1f425.png
1f425.png
1f425.png

Hi. I'm in Medina county. We have 18 laying hens (a few are molting) and six newly hatched French black copper Marans. Not a good hatch rate but eggs were shipped from four states away. One baby is one day late and struggling to hatch. Here's hoping it makes it.

1f601.png
Welcome to the Ohio thread! The weather in Ohio is insane!
sickbyc.gif
It annoys me a lot, lol! Best of luck with your new flock!
"Need" and "want" are such fluid concepts, don't you think? So very similar, really. Almost exactly the same! ;-)

Thanks for the reassurance!
lau.gif
They are, lol! You're most welcome!
Hi. I'm in Medina county. We have 18 laying hens (a few are molting) and six newly hatched French black copper Marans. Not a good hatch rate but eggs were shipped from four states away. One baby is one day late and struggling to hatch. Here's hoping it makes it.
Welcome to the Ohio thread! Oh man, hopefully the little one makes it!
fl.gif

Last edited:

I grew up just outside of medina. Actually my zip code was medina because my town was too small to have it's own!

Back
Top Bottom