OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Here! Looks like a pillow fight happened in my coop. Between chicks finishing their feathering and a first year molt for the other half.
I'm getting a random egg here and there but not anywhere near what I was getting. And still no eggs from this years new arrivals. :barnie

Any thoughts on this?
Resized_20170910_125028.jpeg
She's bald down both sides of her keel. (Her head is up in this picture.) It's smooth. No trauma. But no feathers starting either. This seems a bit much for molting but an odd time to go broody. I've never had a broody before.

I'm waiting on 5 girls to start laying! I ended up with 3 boys so if you think you want one of those I'll trade! LOL I was ok with 2 but when a girl turned out not to be it tipped the scales. I'm not for culling just based on gender. Trying to see how everyone behaves before deciding what to do. I think it's a good excuse to get more girls. My BF disagrees. (He can't cull either.)

What breed are they?

@Krazyquilts I have an Olive Egger and my little Svart Bantam Cochin cross. I was sure they were ready at least 2 weeks ago! Then 3 Swedish Flowers. They are only 18 weeks this week so I'm not really expecting them to lay right now.
Doesn't make me any less excited or impatient.
(The 3 Roos are Swedish Flowers too if you want to take me up on the trade. ;))

Last edited:
Any one else's chickens starting to molt? I have feathers all over and no eggs, it seems very early for the fall molt.

I have a couple year-old hens molting. But none of my younger ones yet.

Any thoughts on this?
View attachment 1132859
She's bald down both sides of her keel. (Her head is up in this picture.) It's smooth. No trauma. But no feathers starting either. This seems a bit much for molting but an odd time to go broody. I've never had a broody before.

Looks broody to me. :confused:
Has she been staying in the nest box?

Hi. I just made an account but have been creeping for a month. I have 1 adult peking female and 11 ducklings. I am only keeping three ducklings, the rest I am just raising to be old enough to go to my boss's wife's pond.

I'm would really like to get a silver indian runner. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get either an egg or duckling?

Thanks!

I have a couple year-old hens molting. But none of my younger ones yet.

Looks broody to me. :confused:
Has she been staying in the nest box?
Nope! LOL Most of my girls have slowed waaaay down in laying. She layed an egg the 8th. Before that I have an egg from the 2nd. (Pretty sure there was another in between but someone eats eggs out of order.) I've seen her feathers all over but there are feathers every where. I was figuring molt till I picked her up and felt how bald she is.
Is this an odd time to go broody? I would think with daylight waning they know winter is coming and wouldn't want to attempt to hatch chicks.

Hi. I just made an account but have been creeping for a month. I have 1 adult peking female and 11 ducklings. I am only keeping three ducklings, the rest I am just raising to be old enough to go to my boss's wife's pond.

I'm would really like to get a silver indian runner. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get either an egg or duckling?

Thanks!
You can always look in the buy sell trade section here.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/other-poultry-birds-hatching-eggs.34/

Or try asking on a specific thread.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/duck-breed-focus-indian-runner.1024525/#post-15903933

Back
Top Bottom