OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

hi all, i'm looking to trade some birds. pick-up only. i have 2 Black Copper Marans roos about 5 weeks old. they are davis & BHB stock. I also have 3 broody white Silkie hens. the girls are almost a year old. But for easter we colored them so they are kind of tinted blue, yellow, and red. i would like to find a barred rock hen. she could be adult. or any other good natured bird. i live near toledo ohio. please PM me with any questions or possiable trade. thanks.

Hi everyone I hope this you guys are had a great spring. I just had a meeting with the city of Miamisburg about our chickens and if we are going to be able to keep them or not. long story short chickens are not legal in the city limits. They however are thinking about makeing them legal because of all the calls and emails they have gotten. So I just applied for a special permit until this can go before city council July 11,2011. I need your help!!!! What can you do? First off Email City Council let them know why you like having backyard chickens maybe the benefits that they provide your you and or your family and send in a picture of your chickens with you or your family. Second if its not to much trouble for you come join me the night of the city council meeting. We need to show voting force even if you don't live in Miamisburg it shows this is a trend not just one guy wanting chickens. We know the green movement is here and with green you have chickens they go hand in hand. Here is email address [email protected] [email protected] Please don't wait to send in your email.

Quote:
hugs.gif
Sorry for your troubles, Nick. Is this new? You have had birds for quite a while. Hope you get to keep them-and that many others can GET some!
big_smile.png

Hello, we're new chicken owners. We're in Delaware and, apparently, are one of a dozen or so chicken owners in the city limits. It's technically illegal to have farm animals in the city, but someone recently complained to City Council about chickens and they said "we can't be bothered with chickens". So...trying to keep a low profile with our hens. We asked the neighbors before we got the chicks, and they don't mind so we're good. Building a VERY cute chicken tractor, so we don't look too trashy.

So, I have a couple rooster chicks to get rid of. We got our chicks from a local historical farm, so they can go back to the farm if no one wants them, but the kids are broken up over the thought of Rudy and Bugs being eaten! If anyone wants a rooster, I have the following:

Black Minorca, very friendly, 6 weeks old. He just started crowing this week, so cute!
Silver Laced Wyandotte, gonna be very pretty, also 6 weeks old. A third SLW may also be a boy, don't know for sure.

Anyone else here in Delaware?

There are some people in Delaware - i am actually in Marysville! Welcome!
Have roosters to place my self so - cannot take yours! Tought to find good places for roosters but keep trying!

Any Hocking county folks? Am looking to add Dominques, any out there that are close? Also originally from Clark Co, so we visit family often (Spfld and So. Chas.).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom