OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

If you call Meyer and check to see what extras they have around 10am in the mornings, they may just have extra Salmon Favorelles. I had called on monday, and the lady had those as extras. I wish I had known you were looking for them.

OOO too bad chicmom, thats ok though... although the brooder is done I think I will need every day between now and April 30 (when I pick up my first set of chicks) to get the coops ready, and I don't think that I will have room to add another to be able to keep 4 sets of girls from getting into trouble, lol.

Although... maybe they will have some extras when I do my first pick up! That would be great!! Thanks so much for the info!!!

Last edited:
Greetings from Morrow County. I'm new to chickens but we've been showing turkeys the last three years at the Morrow Co. fair.

Well,,I have been off a while...Last july my coop got attacked and I didn't want to start another "flock' that late in the season.I learned a lot last year,,,lots of help on this site.Getting ready to start over this year with a lot more knowlage than I had last year!!!!!!! Great site and looking forward to my new chicks!!!!!! I miss my chickens big time!!!!! I let them free range and they tore my flower beds up!!! So this year they are going to be more "confined" I keep an 1 acre garden so they need to be kept out of that.Last year it was in winter wheat so the past flock loved playing and eating in there!!! This year I need veggies big time!!! Thats another story........Can't wait to get my new chicks!!!!!! Kevin ps Wayne Co. Marshallville ,,,love it out here!!!!

Greetings from Morrow County. I'm new to chickens but we've been showing turkeys the last three years at the Morrow Co. fair.

Welcome Marengoite! I'm right around the corner from you in Cardington...and also brand new to chickens! You will LOVE the BYC - so much information and WONDERFUL PEEPS (the human kind
celebrate.gif
)

Hi, Blessedchick. Do you have kids in 4H? We are in the Marengo Country Kids 4H group. I know Cardington has several clubs over that way. We're not a poultry club, but lots of our kids are into turkeys and chickens. And the ones that don't have poultry have rabbits, so most of us hang out in the same barn anyway.

Nice to meet you Chick-N-Pie. It seems like more and more people around us are raising chickens. It's getting to be a popular pastime.

Well,,I have been off a while...Last july my coop got attacked and I didn't want to start another "flock' that late in the season.I learned a lot last year,,,lots of help on this site.Getting ready to start over this year with a lot more knowlage than I had last year!!!!!!! Great site and looking forward to my new chicks!!!!!! I miss my chickens big time!!!!! I let them free range and they tore my flower beds up!!! So this year they are going to be more "confined" I keep an 1 acre garden so they need to be kept out of that.Last year it was in winter wheat so the past flock loved playing and eating in there!!! This year I need veggies big time!!! Thats another story........Can't wait to get my new chicks!!!!!! Kevin ps Wayne Co. Marshallville ,,,love it out here!!!!

Hi Ketcham, good luck with your flock this year! I'm at least fairly close to you....northwest Holmes county. I have call ducks right now - someone was always picking on someone else when I had the chickens & ducks together ...but I DO miss my chickens!

Hi! I'm in Montgomery County, Ohio...near New Lebanon/Trotwood area. We're about ten minutes West (I think) of the city of Dayton.

We're just getting into the chickens. Our lease says we can have horses and other domestic animals (livestock). I cannot find ANYTHING about chickens, etc, where we live. I mean, we aren't in any kind of city limits or anything. Since our lease gives explicit permission, I'm guessing we're good!

We are getting ready to build onto the side of our barn for our chicks!

Back
Top Bottom