OHIO/INDIANA/Michigan - Endangered breeds need rehomed

Phaylen

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 15, 2012
My Chickens are like my family to me, and they were purchased in order to participate in a breed recovery program to assist in repopulating some of the species marked as critically endangered by the livestock conservancy, However, have to relocate to a home closer to the city due to health issues. These are not Meat Birds.

I have mostly Roosters, 2 Campines, 6 Araucana Roosters, 1 Araucauna hen and one miniature Araucauna/Silkie hybrid Hen who is a rumpless hen with feathered feet.

I am located in Northwest Ohio and willing to drive them to a home that promises to give them safe, long term shelter and care anywhere within the surrounding states. Their happiness and thriving is important to me, I've raised them from eggs so they are social birds, not afraid of dogs, other farm animals or children and not skittish.

They are two years old in October 2015. If you have an extra space in your happy flock that is predator safe, please let me know!

My Chickens are like my family to me, and they were purchased in order to participate in a breed recovery program to assist in repopulating some of the species marked as critically endangered by the livestock conservancy, However, have to relocate to a home closer to the city due to health issues. These are not Meat Birds.

I have mostly Roosters, 2 Campines, 6 [COLOR=111111]Araucana Roosters, 1 Araucauna hen and one miniature Araucauna/Silkie hybrid Hen who is a rumpless hen with feathered feet.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=111111]I am located in Northwest Ohio and willing to drive them to a home that promises to give them safe, long term shelter and care anywhere within the surrounding states. Their happiness and thriving is important to me, I've raised them from eggs so they are social birds, not afraid of dogs, other farm animals or children and not skittish.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=111111]They are two years old in October 2015. If you have an extra space in your happy flock that is predator safe, please let me know! [/COLOR]

I live south of columbus. I could take the girls and probably an araucauna boy. I just don't have the space to take on so many boys. I could even meet you in the Columbus area. Although, I sometimes threaten my flock with freezer camp, I honestly could never do it. I haven't raised sheep in over 20 yrs but I still can't eat lamb lol The only roo in my flock of 10 currently is a young partridge wyandotte bantam. We have been seriously considering a standard roo. We will be adding a few more girls next year as our birds are for 4-H. Please let me know if you are willing to divide your flock. I totally understand if you can't.
Thanks

Are the girls already gone? I sent a pm as well. I can travel to you without a problem for the girls and 1 boy. My son originally wanted araucaunas for 4-H but we couldn't find any.
Thanks!
Hi here! I just aw the PM! I still have the one female araucauna, my other girl is a part Arauacauna and part Silkie, she's very sweet, very docile and because of her hybridization, she's deaf in one ear, so she's always trying to turn towards the sounds she hears so she often will spin in circles, thus her name is Circles. Unlike Silkies, however, she is rumpless, like an araucana, but inherited the fuzzy feet and black eyes of a silkie. She's also coal black, and half the size of a traditional chicken. Pepe, her Mother is a full Araucauna, and I have 4 full males.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to meet you or whatever you like and if indeed you do take them, and for any reason you find they can't be kept with you for any reason, you can call me and I'll take them back, no questions asked, no judgements made. Thank you!

Circles sounds like a special girl. My partridge wyandotte bantam pullet would probably take to her very quickly. She's just a sweetheart. The rest of my girls are standard size BO,RIR,EE. All get along well, so I'm sure with proper introduction anyone new will do great. I would love to take in the 2 girls and the friendliest boy.

All our girls are on the retirement plan. They will live out their days laying or not with us. We just fell in love with them. Even my husband has been looking at larger properties since he can see how chicken math works. For now, we have space for about 10 more than we currently have.

Let me know where would be convenient for you to meet. I'm having a baby shower for my daughter Saturday but most other days I can work something out. I will PM my contact info as well.

Thank you!
KRISTINA

Back
Top Bottom