Ohio National- Wanted/Bringing

Congratulations! I may sell my buff cochins, and when I do, I'm going to look you up for a white one!

Quote:
Well I should have plenty in the early spring out of my best birds so just keep in touch and I should know which ones Iplan to keep in march and which ones will be sold!

What a great show! Brody's Broodello's show team had a great day.

Silkies- BV Black Silkie Pullet
1st Partridge Hen
3rd Blue Pullet

Magpie-BB Blue Magpie Drake

Call Duck- 2nd White Old Duck
2nd White Old Drake
3rd White Old Drake
1st Grey Old Duck
3rd Grey Old Drake

Bantam Wyandotte
BV-Silverlaced Hen
2nd Silverlaced Hen
RV-Silverlaced Pullet
2nd Silverlaced Pullet

And Daddy Broodello had BV & Best AOV Columbian Wyandotte Bantam in the open show! Awesome time against some great competitors!
Congrats to all the winners!

Hey all, I have a quick question on 'new birds' protocol. I bought two pairs of birds yesterday (thanks Tom! Love the cochins!!!!!) and I want to help make their transition as smooth as possible. How long do they have to be quarantined? Should I worm them, put some extra vitamins etc in their food/water? I would greatly appreciate any information/advice that you can give.
Thanks...
hugs.gif

Debby;)

Brody's Broodello :

What a great show! Brody's Broodello's show team had a great day.

Silkies- BV Black Silkie Pullet
1st Partridge Hen
3rd Blue Pullet

Magpie-BB Blue Magpie Drake

Call Duck- 2nd White Old Duck
2nd White Old Drake
3rd White Old Drake
1st Grey Old Duck
3rd Grey Old Drake

Bantam Wyandotte
BV-Silverlaced Hen
2nd Silverlaced Hen
RV-Silverlaced Pullet
2nd Silverlaced Pullet

And Daddy Broodello had BV & Best AOV Columbian Wyandotte Bantam in the open show! Awesome time against some great competitors!
Congrats to all the winners!

Congratulations!!!!!!! Sound like you had a super day!!!!!
clap.gif
celebrate.gif

I'm thinking that all of that may be a matter of a judgement, but mstricer is correct about the natural worming properties of pumpkin, plus they LOVE
love.gif
LOVE
love.gif
LOVE
love.gif
it. I've fed it in many forms for quite a while, however the most concentration of the "wormer" is in the seeds. I hope some other folks would weigh in on this, but my thoughts on using a regular wormer when you first get them home would be, no. Unless your birds are thin, listless or generally don't look good and you have a reason to suspect that they are wormy I'd pass on that idea. They are already somewhat stressed and worming is a stressor under the best of conditions.

Quote:
I quarantine for at least 30 days. During the first 2 or 3 days you can give them some vitamins to help them adjust to their new home. Also, I would reccommend treating them with permethrin spray or dusting them for lice/mites.

Back
Top Bottom