Ohmygod no...missing duck. :(

That's what I keep hoping. We have some VERY overgrown bushes, that almost form caves at the back of the property and with all the snow in the dark, I can't see all the way into them. I suppose it's possible. I keep going out and checking for her. I have penned all the others in their night pen already and listened as best I can. She's a REALLY quiet duck unless she's scared.

I keep hoping...

I'll be praying you find her safe and sound.
hugs.gif

Thanks everyone.
hugs.gif
It really helps to have the forum to talk to. Not many people understand my love for these guys. It's like a family member is missing. And I'm so confused. I had JUST checked on them.
sad.png

When I have had a duck missing, I take my most vocal one out of the coop and let him make a racket. Putting him in a cat carrier really upsets him and makes him holler. That has never failed to call in the lost one. Hope you find your ducky.

Last edited:
2 of my muscovey girls have gotten into the canal and we made a ramp, and then over 2 days in the freezing canal one came up the ramp and then the next day i couldnt find the other one and my dad came out and saw something down the canal and he said thats her alright, and i said look shes coming to us, and then she took a turn onto a different canal and i was SO sad, until i heard a splash and she came out from behind the banana trees in the shallowest part of the canal all dry and warm, and for another night she was in the canal because we couldnt catch her and then finally we got her, and people say it isnt cold in florida, but tell me its not cold when the temp is like in the 40s with the wind chill 30s and then in the water way below freezing you feel bad for your ducks being in the water and you are so helpless that finally you go in the canal in some mud boots at 6 am in boxers and a shirt trying to loure your duck into netting range, IT WAS SO COLD, and she found the safest place and warmest so i think Izzy just found a nice place to rest or go through the storm with because if i were a duck and i got lost, i would probably go under something or find shelter of some sort! So good luck with your search and i really hope you find her, we all understand what you feel! We are all crazy duck people too! c:

I wouldn't start to worry yet. If it wasn't a predator then the bird will be fine in the snow storm. Cold and snow doesn't bother ducks. Remember, wild ducks don't migrate because it gets cold, they migrate when their food source is covered with snow. If the ducks have a good food source, they are not going to fly down here to Texas.

Izzy is a Saxony, so she doesn't fly. Obviously I can't say for sure it was not a predator.
sad.png
I don't see any evidence of an attack of any kind, the other ducks did not seem agitated or upset, and no tracks from a ground predator. If anything bad did happen, it had to have been fast, and from the air.

I have waited up and checked outside all night, and I'm finally too tired. I'm hoping she shows up in the morning. If not...
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom