Ok--all you smart chick people--HELP!

cjatthefarm

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 26, 2010
Tucson
In my recent batch of chicks I ordered Americana's. They added a couple of leghorn's--I'm pretty sure. Only because I asked for leghorn's in the 1st ship! An I know what they look like.

BUT! Of the 4 yellow chicks that are becoming white; two are getting pretty brownish, gold feathers! I tried to get pictures---hope you can see enough to give me a clue!

Thanks!

66455_016.jpg

66455_013.jpg

p.s. Isn't this adorable??!!!!

66455_011.jpg
Checkin' out the new kids!!

Last edited:
Is the question about the yellowish/brownish chicks? They look like EE's to me.

edit: Oh, and they are VERY cute.

Last edited:
I see green legs on that one and from what I know green legs is the give away that they are Americana's (EE)
I could be wrong but its what I have been told in the past.

the brown ones and the white and gold ones both look like EE's to me... leghorns have longish light yellow beaks and legs and light yellow-orange eyes and EE's have short blueish black beaks, slate legs, and darker brown eyes.

Quote:
My neighbor across the street has an Easter Egger the exact same color as the light one in the above picture. It turned out to be a really pretty hen that lays blue green eggs. The chick came from Ideal Poultry via a feed store. I don't have any adult photos of the hen, but it looks a lot like a wheaten Ameraucana now. I'll try to remember to get a photo when it isn't raining. It has been raining for 4 days straight.

20741_p1160584.jpg

4 days old

20741_p1170223.jpg

About 6 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom