1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ok anyone else try this?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by duck&chickencrazy, Jan 26, 2010.

1. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    well i have a Little Giant incubator and a Hova Bator and i was wondering if anyone had ever tried using the LG incubator top with the HB incubator bottom? I wanted to try this or see if anyone else had this work. The reason that i thought of trying this/asking about it is because i have heard goose hatching in the LG is not always the best choice due to the low height of the incubator...so i noticed that the LG has a higher top and the HB has a lower bottom peice and so i put them together and they fit, but i was wondering if this would even work right and keep the warm air circulating...so if you have tried it tell me what happened...or tell me what you think will happen....any feedback will be nice...

2. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    if the top fits the bottom why not. i dont see why it wouldnt work as long as top and bottom fit snug.

3. Paganbird

Paganbird CrescentWood Farm

Apr 25, 2009
    Western Pa
    I'd love to help you out, but I've never tried it.
    My best advice is to give it a try & see what happens. If it holds a temp well, go ahead & put the eggs in.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by