Ok eggs on e-bay

didnt realize we were?

tnchickenut,
yep, I too have heard all that stuff ( being a big ebay seller myself), know what you mean there, lots of folks dont take all the warnings in the auctions to heart do they!
As for the laying season, that was for mandarins, which yes start in March and are not yet in season, thus the pre -order sells right now. You are right though, domestics will lay year rounds and are just as fertile in December as they are in April.

Quote:
Nope. No contest here. lol

I'm glad you understand. Again I appologize to all for "jumping the gun" and getting defensive about ebay sales. lol. Ebay has it's creeps that make it hard for us all who take things seriously and are honest and hard working... with both the auction part of it and the animal husbandry of it.

Message to all:
Please check sellers feedback before buying anything online. Other's are usually quick to let other's know if something was up.

Ok Folks, I didn't mean to start a Pizzing contest ,
every1 has great points and there own opions ,
I too have purchase chickens eggs and had some great hatching rates but I try pheasents and turkeys hatching eggs with very low or some non hatch. I know I've read and heard that duck hatching eggs where one of the hardest to hatch , that why I ask these question if any1 had good luck I know some do and some don't . But lets keep this simple and lets not try to let our ego's get to heated up here .

Thanks Again for all input

Alan

Boggy Bottom Bantams wrote:
didnt realize we were?

I know just didn't want this to get out of hand , I posted be-4 and boy Si!@ hit the fan , I just ask a question ans sometime Folks get a bit Heated and if not doing things there way .....BOY LOOK OUT, UR THE BAD GUY / GAL

just didn't what this to end up as a locking thread , I was looking for answers and yes opions what other have gone thru when hatching and purchaning pheasent or duck eggs

THANKS Again

Alan​

Quote:
Yeah, mandarins and wood ducks are seasonal layers... they typically only produce one clutch a year unless they lose a clutch.

I also have welsh harlequin ducks and they lay almost every single day... nothing like hunting for duck eggs with a flashlight at 4am in 14 inches of snow when it's 5 degrees out so you can get them before they freeze and bust. But those duck eggs sure do go good with my morning coffee.

Back
Top Bottom