Ok eggs on e-bay

DaKid

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Berkley , Ma.
Ok I've seen hatching eggs on e-bay for sale for White Mandarin duck hatching eggs and Mandarin duck hatching eggs would it be to soon to order some hatching eggs NOW , I know that duck hatching eggs need to have about 75% humidity and a period of 28 days , Put is it Breed time for them , or is it 2 early

Al.

Last edited:
If you read most of the adds - they are pre-sale which means they will send you eggs once the ducks start to lay which could be 4 to 6 weeks yet. Mandarin eggs are extremely hard to hatch even without shipping - I would guess you would be lucky to get 25% of shipped Mandarin eggs to hatch - but I have never tried it myself.

They won't be laying in most areas until March/April. They are very difficult to hatch in an incubator and if you do get some to hatch, you may need to feed them live meal worms for the first week to get them to start eating. If you are dead set on trying to hatch some, buy from someone as close as possible to reduce the potential shipping trauma to the eggs. I bet you can find someone within driving distance to sell you eggs or very young birds if you look and ask around.

yep all that is correct, I might add to, for what those questionable eggs sell for, you can buy a yearling pair this fall, a much better use of your money if you ask me. Most will never hatch if shipped, and you have to know what you're doing even if they are your own.
So you may be tossing good money out the window on a gamble for eggs, when you can get a guaranteed pair for the same money. Just my opinion, palin mandarins average $45-$60 a pair whites are in the $100 range, 4 plain eggs often hit $100 on ebay for some ungodly reason???

Thanks Ya'll get inforn. here I be checking and ask around my area to see if aanyone has some

Again Thanks
Alan

I have three female ducks.... all three lay a egg a day. All winter... all spring... all summer... all fall. No artificial lighting.

I think it is unfair to suggest that they are being less than honest just because you think it isn't spring. I'm sorry. But I sell on ebay and I could sell every month of the year. I don't because I take December off... too much going on with my family and the postal service for it to be worth it... but the ducks and chickens are still laying.

Mandarins take around 29-30 days to hatch. I hatched and raised them sucessfully last spring. I hatched them out in my incubator, and I made sure that I had call ducklings hatch with them, and a couple call ducklings older than the hatchlings. I put them together, and the call ducklings taught the mandarins how to eat, drink, etc.

Quote:
no one is saying ebay selling is unfair??? Shoot I sell tons of eggs on there every week. The point is manadarins are not good eggs to ship, very delicate when it comes to that, especially when you can just buy the birds instead. I assume your eggs arent mandarin either right? Never heard of them laying like that. If they are you have a gold mine there!!

Quote:
no one is saying ebay selling is unfair??? Shoot I sell tons of eggs on there every week. The point is manadarins are not good eggs to ship, very delicate when it comes to that, especially when you can just buy the birds instead. I assume your eggs arent mandarin either right? Never heard of them laying like that. If they are you have a gold mine there!!

No. My ducks are mutts. Just pets. Maybe I misunderstood. I took it as "it's too early for ducks to lay" as if the seller must be deceitful. My bad if I misunderstood. I admit. I get a tad touchy when it comes to how some (not saying this thread) think that ebay sellers are all "just in it for the money" and "say whatever to get the sale". I have heard these things before, so I do admit. I do tend to get a bit defensive about it.
wink.png

As far as Mandains go.... I have only heard good things about efowl.com (does that redeem me?)

My appologies if I misunderstood.

Ok Folks, I didn't mean to start a Pizzing contest ,
every1 has great points and there own opions ,
I too have purchase chickens eggs and had some great hatching rates but I try pheasents and turkeys hatching eggs with very low or some non hatch. I know I've read and heard that duck hatching eggs where one of the hardest to hatch , that why I ask these question if any1 had good luck I know some do and some don't . But lets keep this simple and lets not try to let our ego's get to heated up here .

Thanks Again for all input

Alan

Back
Top Bottom