OK, help me out chicken pro's

pickinoutdough

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
Fl
What breed and gender if you can tell in the pictures. Feed Store birds, I was told Golden Comet pullets. I didn't know any better 3 weeks ago. Doing research on BYC I am guessing Golden Comet (sex-link), either light brown leghorns or I hope Cream Legbars, I know the brown one is a Buff Orpington that I got a week later at another feed store. Can you tell me if they look like pullets, I think the brown one with yellow dot on his head is a cockeral, not sure about golden comet though, I read the males are all white with a little brown in thier wing feathers. All birds are 3 weeks old or thereabout Friday. Thank you.

Okay I could be wrong and I hope I am, but all three are sex-link breeds and they are all males. The buff is the only girl in the group. Hope someone else can chime in and say I am wrong. Not only their coloring, but those combs are already looking pretty big for that age. If I am correct, the white spots on the two "barred" chicks means male and the white/brown also mean male. Now, if these are not the first cross and the parents were sex-linked and these are 2nd gen crosses, I could be wrong.

I hope some will chime in and say I am wrong
hugs.gif
If I am right, the person selling them knew they were boys........

the comet is a girl as at this age the boys would be all white, they get the red in as the reach sexual maturity

That is good, for some reason I thought coment girls were all red with a very little white and boys were white with a little red. What do you think about the other 2? I hope I am wrong on them also!

Back
Top Bottom