OK, I admit it, I have become an addict. A CHICKEN addict!!

OHChick

Songster
12 Years
May 8, 2007
I first got chickens on kind of a whim, I thought it'd be nice to have eggs, so I started raising baby chicks (NH Reds) back in May. I have never been a fan of birds, they kind of freaked me out but I must say I love this whole chicken thing more than I thought possible! Mine are not quite settled into their new home yet, so their eggs are everywhere in the barn, but even hunting for the eggs is fun. They follow me around, and run like maniacs when they see me coming... I'm sure they're thinking "its treat lady!!!!".

So, anyway, when I purchased my last 3 alpacas from my neighbor, part of the contract was that she wanted 4 of my hens, no big deal I thought. Ha! I gave her 2 on Friday and she is taking 2 more today, and I'm DEVASTATED. Which is silly I know. She'll take good care of them and the animals I got from her she had raised since birth, so what's the difference right?

Well to ease my sadness I just called a local hatchery and ordered 5 Barred Rock Pullets (17 wk old pullets) to be picked up on Saturday AM. I called DH *AFTER* placing the order.
lol.png

Makes it easier not to say no. haha.

So here I am, a self-confessed chicken addict. Thank goodness I can join the rest of you addicts on here.
smile.png

It's amazing how you get attached to those feathered creatures, isn't it? I only went away last week for a few days, and did a day go by that I didn't think of them?

Back
Top Bottom