OK - I bit - eggs and incubator ordered

michiganlarry

Songster
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
Marine City, Michigan
Well reading on this site got to me. Never had chickens before. Got a 10 x 10 shed for a really great price and will turn it into a coop. We live on 22 acres and have lots of room. Ordered some welsummer eggs from a member on here and borrwed a hovabator from my brother. My kids and wife think I'm nuts!

My biggest concern is how my 13 year old english setter is going to deal with birds in his backyard.
lol.png

Last edited:
welcome do the insanity ,
You have been sucked in and will never escape
woot.gif

If you can I would find some local eggs to pop in with youre ordered eggs , just to make shure , shipped eggs some times dont have grate hatches but Im shure you will have a new hatchers luck

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
First,
welcome-byc.gif
! I have an English Setter, too(see avatar)! When we first set up the brooder for our first hatch of the year, she kept running over to it and looking at me expectantly. Apparently, she remembered the chicks that were in it last year! Smart pup!
tongue.png

Woohoo. I just won 12 more welsummer eggs on ebay. That will make 18 going into my new bator sometime next week. Should I let the eggs sit for a couple days before I put them in? Any other newbie advice would be greatly appreciated.
cool.png

Quote:
bwg-
lau.gif
you enjoy your chickens more than you enjoy your kids or you enjoy your chickens more than your kids enjoy your chickens?
th.gif

Sorry! Had to say it!

Welcome from North Carolina!!
frow.gif

You are going to have sooo much fun! It is great watching them hatch and grow! I have to be strong and stay away from Ebay! I have over 300 in my incubators now, but when I see good deals on BYC or Ebay I still want more!!
lol.png
I let my eggs sit for at least eight hours before I set them!! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom