1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OK I finally did it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Colored Egg Farmer, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

Who here thinks i'm crazy AGAIN.

Well if you dont know me already I own 700 chickens.

Well here it goes I just made a nother order for chicks for customers and guess what I got 5 silkies. What the heck is wrong with me. I got them to use to hatch eggs. [​IMG] someone please come to pennsylvania and slap some sense into me. I got the Chicken bug bad and its turning into the Chicken Virus.

2. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    7 HUNDRED chickens? And you're adding more? [​IMG]

3. michigan chick

michigan chick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2008
    Sparta MI
    That's a lot. Is it a life choice are a job.

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Goodness Goodness me! Your Chicken virus is reaching endemic proportions.......wow I am jealous...any pics of the flock.....[​IMG]

5. pookiethebear

pookiethebear Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Your doing just fine. In PA you can own up to 3500 chickens and still not need registered as a chicken farm, etc.... you can still leagally sell your eggs from your home without all the regualtions.

That being said, sounds like you need a few more!! [​IMG]:lau:lau:cd:yiipchick

6. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Bless your heart! That sounds A LOT like work, to me. What breeds do you have?? Are they dual purpose? Again bless your heart... No slaps from here--just wish I could I could get my coop finished and bring home my 12 hens (that are paid for)..Dixie

7. Colored Egg Farmer

Quote:I'm actually selling commercially but The way i'm doing it the eggs are going into our processing room and there getting our farm number.

8. Colored Egg Farmer

actually I have alot of breeds most of them are commercial brown chickens. <----- They really are not like commercial birds you hear about. they will actually come right up to you and try to jump on your lap. My 25 in the backyard are white leghorns, brahmas ameraucanas, rir.

9. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Well heck, with 700, what's a mere 5 more, right???!!!

10. Colored Egg Farmer

5 more times how many they can hatch [​IMG] Does anyone else have blue polish? thats the kind I got.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by