Ok,I have a problem

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Cluckcluck1215, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Cluckcluck1215

Cluckcluck1215 Overrun With Chickens

Ok,so my hen,brownie has been pecking at my hen granit.and my mom said that earlier brownie jumped on granit and attacked her!mom said granit screamed!what do I do?!

Pecking order:
    #1.bea(BR.hen.7 years.)
    #2.wisteriea(BA.hen.1 year)
    #3.blackie(BA.hen.1 year)
    #4.granit(formally.BR.hen.1 year)
    #5.brownie(formally.EE.hen.1 year)

Please help!

2. Chickensfan

Chickensfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2016
    California!
    did Brownie back down? if she did, then it wasn't a fight to the death, and you have to let it play out. it is completely normal. if blood is drawn, spray the wounded area with blue-kote. it will temporarily dye the hurt area purple, but tastes bad to the other chickens. so, if they peck, they will stop.

3. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Normal chicken behavior. If the fight for a long time and draw blood then something will have to be done.

4. Chickensfan

Jun 26, 2016
    California!
    yes, i agree. if they fight for a long time, dump water on them. it makes them get startled and forget about fighting.

5. Cluckcluck1215

Cluckcluck1215 Overrun With Chickens

I know....but....brownie is like the sweetest chicken ever!i mean EVER!!!!!!shehas never hurt another chicken before!and granit just walked by,and brownie attacked her!she didn't draw blood....

6. Chickensfan

Jun 26, 2016
    California!
    she is just fighting because she needs a high place in the pecking order. NOT because she doesn't like your other chicken. they will be ok.
    ~Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by